Windows 10: Can't Install a Downloaded Program

Discus and support Can't Install a Downloaded Program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have twice downloaded programs and when I click to install them, I receive a screen with this error message: Your PC's settings only let it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by thailend19, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Can't Install a Downloaded Program

I have twice downloaded programs and when I click to install them, I receive a screen with this error message:

Your PC's settings only let it install verified apps from the Store...Installing apps. only from the Store helps protect your PC and keep it running smoothly....Here's a similar app from the store...then a green square, inside of which is the name of the program, underneath which it repeats the program name.Viewer....underneath that is a small rectangle, inside which is: Get the app...finally this - Still want to install apps from outside the Store? Open setup...

I clicked on the apps for the Play Store and could not find the programs.

This screen blocking installation is new (never blocked before)and I'm thinking something about these programs is causing Windows to block them. What to do and where to start? BTW, when I do click on the green square, nothing happens.
    I have a Windows 10 Home OS

:)

thailend19, Aug 19, 2017
  2. kcburk Win User

cant install a program downloaded from dlink.com

No luck.

kcburk, Aug 19, 2017
  3. kcburk Win User
    cant install a program downloaded from dlink.com

Not helpful. They say it's Microsoft's problem. Microsoft says it's third party's problem. Neither cares about the end user.

kcburk, Aug 19, 2017
  4. Can't Install a Downloaded Program

Maybe change the "Apps" in Settings"

Can't Install a Downloaded Program [​IMG]

Wiley Coyote, Aug 19, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    Can you type winver in the search box on the taskbar and post a screenshot of it please.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Install a Downloaded Program

1. Can't Install a Downloaded Program - Similar Threads - Can't Install Downloaded

2. Can't download a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download a program: I am trying to download a program and it won't let me because I get the can't find the app in the app store box.I have already checked and I am not in Windows 11 Home S modeI went through the process of making sure the apps allowed is set to "allow from anywhere"What else can...
  3. Can't download a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download a program: I am trying to download a program and it won't let me because I get the can't find the app in the app store box.I have already checked and I am not in Windows 11 Home S modeI went through the process of making sure the apps allowed is set to "allow from anywhere"What else can...
  4. Can't Install Some Programs

Can't Install Some Programs: Many times, when I download a program from https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/it won't install! I open the zipped package, click the setup.exe file, get the 'do you want to allow this app to make changes to your computer' , I click Yes,then nothing happens.I have bitdefender AV...
  5. Can't Install Programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Install Programs: I'm having a problem installing random games downloaded from the web that have their own installer. The installer prompts but then seems to auto quit instead of actually installing. Currently using Windows 10 2004. I've tried lots of settings adjustment based on a Google...
  6. Can't download or update programs on WiFi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't download or update programs on WiFi: I dunno why but these has been happening for quite some time. I can't download over the browser or update any programs like discord and origin etc. Resetting the router used to fix it but now it doesn't. Help? submitted by /u/ZerolZeeq [link] [comments]...
  7. How to install a downloaded program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to install a downloaded program: I downloaded Office 2013 from an internet site but it never prompted me to install the program from my computer, It shows up in my Programs/Apps settings. I can't figure out how to install it. It doesn't show up in my "downloads" nor is it showing a folder. What do I do?...
  8. can't read my downloaded program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't read my downloaded program: I reset my computer and now my downloaded program I could read before is all gibberish of numbers and letters. Is there anything I can do?...
  9. can't install a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't install a program: Hi guys. I recently formated my copmuter. reinstalled windows and office, etc. i downloaded the drivers for the computer at the office from ehre: http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcl8690cdw_eu_as download goes well. And it extracts...
  10. Can't find downloaded program

Can't find downloaded program: Hello, I downloaded a program (Skype) and I can't find it. I would like to add it to my start menu but I am not sure how to find it to do that. Can anyone help? Thanks, SuzanTN Tags: windows 10, software, cach go bo phan mem 23748