Windows 10: Can't install a game from the store

Discus and support Can't install a game from the store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought Minecraft, installed it, and launched it, but it was stuck on the loading screen. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it, but when I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AmandaSanders1, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Can't install a game from the store

I bought Minecraft, installed it, and launched it, but it was stuck on the loading screen. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it, but when I click Install, nothing happens.

:)

AmandaSanders1, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 11, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Can't install a game from the store

I can't reinstall my previously installed games!!!

Hi Fahd,

It appears that you're having an issue installing your previous games after reinstalling Windows 10. We would like to know if it is only happening when you're installing your games or is it also happening when you're installing an app from Microsoft Store.

Meanwhile, we suggest clearing Windows Store's cache by performing these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe then hit Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Justine Pel, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't install a game from the store

1. Can't install a game from the store - Similar Threads - Can't install game

2. Can't install games from microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games from microsoft store: Hi, I've bought gamepasss to play games on my pc, but whenever I try to install anything from the microsoft store it just won't let me, I click the button and nothing happens, the xbox app just won't download, I tried restarting it, running wsreset everything... This is...
  3. Can't install game from XBOX store

Can't install game from XBOX store: Hello everyone! My name is Chad. Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct area - please feel free to redirect me somewhere else if needed. I recently subscribed to the XBOX Game Pass for PC program. I've been able to install a small handful of games on my device, but one...
  4. Can't install any games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install any games from the Microsoft Store: [ATTACH] So like the title says I currently can't install any games from the Microsoft Store with getting an error code. I have gotten a few different error codes from time to time today but this one is the one I get like 95% of the time. I spent 2 hours on the phone with...
  5. I can't install a game from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install a game from the Microsoft Store: Recently I opened up State of Decay 2, where I got a message that I needed to uninstall and reinstall the game for new content/support. I uninstalled, but when I tried to reinstall the program won't let me. When I mouse over "install," all I get is the no symbol as my cursor,...
  6. Can't Download/install a game from Microsoft Store

Can't Download/install a game from Microsoft Store: So everytime I try to download a game using microsoft store is such a pain and the interface is really bad for games. I am trying to download Halo Reach, but there is some issue all the time. Sometimes I get the error message "something went bad on our end", then when I...
  7. I can't install games from the microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install games from the microsoft store.: When I trying to install Minecraft from the microsoft store and I'm asked what device I want to install it on, it states that I don't have any applicable devices attached to my microsoft account. But when I go to check for devices on my account it says that my computer is...
  8. Can't install game from the Microsoft Store.

Can't install game from the Microsoft Store.: I was trying to install a game from the store, but it won't let me. The choice is just grayed out. I thought I just didn't have the right apps to install games. So, I went and tried another game. To my surprise, it worked. I have bought the Game Pass, and the game in question...
  9. Can't install a specific game from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install a specific game from the Microsoft Store: I started installing Asphalt 8: Airborne on my PC but I accidentally cancelled. After I tried to reinstall it, an error window appeared and says "Try again later an error occurred on our end." It's only that specific game, how can I fix this?...
  10. I can't install game from Microsoft store

I can't install game from Microsoft store: I uninstalled Forza Horizon 4 from my notebook and now I gonna install it back but when I hit the install and choose a disk to use already but nothing happens and not have an error code. So, I try it again and check the storage and internet and install it again but it still...