Windows 10: Can't Install a Game I Own From Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't Install a Game I Own From Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Injustice 2 on my PC from the Microsoft Store, which I've already digitally purchased on my xbox account. However, it won't let... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Eliminator557, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Can't Install a Game I Own From Microsoft Store

I'm trying to install Injustice 2 on my PC from the Microsoft Store, which I've already digitally purchased on my xbox account. However, it won't let me install it on my PC when I click the one in my library. But when I type it in the search bar it comes up with the same exact game, available for me to buy on the PC. But I feel like if I've already bought it on the Xbox, I shouldn't have to buy it on the PC as well, right?

Here are some screenshots to clarify what I'm saying:

Can't Install a Game I Own From Microsoft Store ae53e87b-7327-4d63-916b-506fd3f5642c?upload=true.png

Can't Install a Game I Own From Microsoft Store c53ee9f2-bafb-4cac-8caa-8a290a767828?upload=true.png

As you can see, the one on the top which I own, says its available on "hub" and the one on the bottom, which I apparently don't own, says its available on PC. If I select "Install on my devices" on the top one, it only allows me to install on my xbox and doesn't offer any PC options. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe something is wrong, I'm not sure but hope to get help soon!

:)

Eliminator557, Nov 29, 2019

2. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Can't Install a Game I Own From Microsoft Store

Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't Install a Game I Own From Microsoft Store

1. Can't Install a Game I Own From Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't Install Game

2. Microsoft store not installing games that i own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not installing games that i own.: I'm trying to redownload Minecraft and a few other games I own on the Microsoft store. none of them will install. It allows me to search for them and pull up the games page on the store but the install button when clicked goes from a pink to the grayed out and will stay...
  3. Microsoft store not installing games that i own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store not installing games that i own.: I'm trying to redownload Minecraft and a few other games I own on the Microsoft store. none of them will install. It allows me to search for them and pull up the games page on the store but the install button when clicked goes from a pink to the grayed out and will stay...
  4. Can't install games from microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games from microsoft store: Hi, I've bought gamepasss to play games on my pc, but whenever I try to install anything from the microsoft store it just won't let me, I click the button and nothing happens, the xbox app just won't download, I tried restarting it, running wsreset everything... This is...
  5. Microsoft Store - Own the app but can't install

Microsoft Store - Own the app but can't install: Every time I try to install an app from Microsoft Store, it would show "You own this app.", but it wouldn't start installing the app when I click "Install". I tried every method in this thread and thispost, but none of them works to solve my problem. Any other solution...
  6. can't install owned apps from Microsoft Store

can't install owned apps from Microsoft Store: I want to download NVIDIA Control Panel. The store says I own it. I click Install and nothing happens. It's not available anywhere else. How can I get it to work?...
  7. I can't install a game from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install a game from the Microsoft Store: Recently I opened up State of Decay 2, where I got a message that I needed to uninstall and reinstall the game for new content/support. I uninstalled, but when I tried to reinstall the program won't let me. When I mouse over "install," all I get is the no symbol as my cursor,...
  8. I can't install games from the microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install games from the microsoft store.: When I trying to install Minecraft from the microsoft store and I'm asked what device I want to install it on, it states that I don't have any applicable devices attached to my microsoft account. But when I go to check for devices on my account it says that my computer is...
  9. Can't install game from the Microsoft Store.

Can't install game from the Microsoft Store.: I was trying to install a game from the store, but it won't let me. The choice is just grayed out. I thought I just didn't have the right apps to install games. So, I went and tried another game. To my surprise, it worked. I have bought the Game Pass, and the game in question...
  10. I can't install game from Microsoft store

I can't install game from Microsoft store: I uninstalled Forza Horizon 4 from my notebook and now I gonna install it back but when I hit the install and choose a disk to use already but nothing happens and not have an error code. So, I try it again and check the storage and internet and install it again but it still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store cant install game i own