Windows 10: Cant install a game on my Volume E: disk

Discus and support Cant install a game on my Volume E: disk in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, i am trying to download forza horizon 4 on my second disk drive, when i click on install then select my other disk drive and hit intall it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JulienVOS, Jan 24, 2021.

1. JulienVOS Win User

Cant install a game on my Volume E: disk

Hello,

i am trying to download forza horizon 4 on my second disk drive, when i click on install then select my other disk drive and hit intall it turns gray for 2 seconds and then it goes back to blue like nothing happend.

I saw a question where you went in System>Storage>Change where new content is saved>and set the "new apps will be saved to:" Volule E:, but when i hit apply it says "delete other apps?", i do yes but then it says "We coulndt set your default save location."

Can anyone help me fix this?

Kind regards

:)

JulienVOS, Jan 24, 2021

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Jan 24, 2021
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Cant install a game on my Volume E: disk

Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Cant install a game on my Volume E: disk

1. Cant install a game on my Volume E: disk - Similar Threads - Cant install game

2. Cant install game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install game: Gives me an error code when trying to download a game. the error code is 0x80070005 Have tried to reset the store and troubleshoot. I am on WINDOWS 10 PRO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-game/f372f4e5-1d21-475d-9eb6-e9c2b8100ffc
  3. cant instal the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant instal the game: i had bought SkyrimWindows11 but i cant download iterror code 0x87e00196gametag rootpuki have already performed all basic troubleshooting steps we have for this such as updating your Windows to the latest version, resetting all gaming apps in my PC, reinstalling Gaming...
  4. cant instal the game

cant instal the game: i had bought SkyrimWindows11 but i cant download iterror code 0x87e00196gametag rootpuki have already performed all basic troubleshooting steps we have for this such as updating your Windows to the latest version, resetting all gaming apps in my PC, reinstalling Gaming...
  5. my E disk is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my E disk is gone: I have a laptop, an hour ago my laptop started freezing and crashed two times, it stopped but weirdly my E disk is not there anymore, why is that? and how do i get it back?...
  6. my E disk is gone

my E disk is gone: I have a laptop, an hour ago my laptop started freezing and crashed two times, it stopped but weirdly my E disk is not there anymore, why is that? and how do i get it back?...
  7. my E disk is gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. cant install games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install games: for some reason when i go to skul: the hero slayer's page this frown face shows up , but in any other game its normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games/b168643e-185b-41db-90d4-de81e22ba0fa
  9. cant install games

cant install games: for some reason when i go to skul: the hero slayer's page this frown face shows up , but in any other game its normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games/b168643e-185b-41db-90d4-de81e22ba0fa
  10. Can't install games on my E: Drive

Can't install games on my E: Drive: Hi, I tried downloading Forza Horizon 4 again from my laptop it got reformatted and when I tried downloading it in my D: drive but when I selected my drive and I click on install i won't do anything and if I try downloading it in my C: drive it works. So I tried moving the...