Windows 10: Can't install a game

Discus and support Can't install a game in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently trying to install halo wars 2 awakening the nightmare and it will not allow me, there is no button to install it, i have reset my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanielAllred1, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Can't install a game

I am currently trying to install halo wars 2 awakening the nightmare and it will not allow me, there is no button to install it, i have reset my computer checked for windows updates i have also used the trouble shoot methods but it still will not let me install the game,
    i even went to the core game and clicked on the expansion of the game and it says i own the game and that i need to go to my library and click install, as you now know there is no install button.

:)

DanielAllred1, Jul 18, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jul 18, 2020
  3. I can't reinstall my previously installed games!!!

Hi Fahd,

It appears that you're having an issue installing your previous games after reinstalling Windows 10. We would like to know if it is only happening when you're installing your games or is it also happening when you're installing an app from Microsoft Store.

Meanwhile, we suggest clearing Windows Store's cache by performing these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe then hit Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Justine Pel, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Darkleoco Win User

Can't install a game

OFFICIAL   Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim (Discussion)

First step is to download the official HD texture pack.

Darkleoco, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't install a game

1. Can't install a game - Similar Threads - Can't install game

2. Can't install Gaming Services.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Gaming Services.: It says "something went wrong Please try again later 0x80070422" I've already ran the windows upate troubleshooter. I've also tried the powershell option of: Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell,...
  3. Can't install game disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install game disc: New Windows 11 desktop; Installing Sims2, I installed 13 discs, but the final 5 discs won't install, get error "This app has been blocked for your protection". I AM admin, tried turning off security - didn't help. In-home and remote "help" - consisted of 13 hours and 9...
  4. Can't install game disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install game disc: New Windows 11 desktop; Installing Sims2, I installed 13 discs, but the final 5 discs won't install, get error "This app has been blocked for your protection". I AM admin, tried turning off security - didn't help. In-home and remote "help" - consisted of 13 hours and 9...
  5. can't install a game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can't install a game: I purchased bomber crew and still have not been able to install the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-a-game/abb43dcb-8e96-448f-af83-556ca141aef9
  6. Can't Install Games

Can't Install Games: Hello, I've been having a problem recently. I can't install Sea of Thieves on my D drive, I select the drive then press install and nothing happens. It just sits there. I can press install as much as I want and it won't install. Had this problem before and I had reset Windows...
  7. Can't install games

Can't install games: I own ARK: Survival Evolved and tried to install it. It says I own the game and I go and press install, and then it tells me to select a drive. I select the D: Drive and click install but nothing happens. The install window doesn't go away and it just sits there. I've done...
  8. Can't install games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install games.: Hey there, I bought Minecraft 2 days ago, I wanted to install it but it sad : No valuable device. I know you can play it without installing it, but I want to install Optifine, its some kinda mod So I cheeked for my device list on my MS Acc Microsoft Account. There was my...
  9. Can't Install Game

Can't Install Game: I got Windows Game Pass today, decided to install Outer Worlds to give it a try. After the download completed, nothing else happened. There is no play button, I can't find it in my installs. I found it in my WindowsApps folder (I already jumped through all those hoops) listed...
  10. Can't install games with game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install games with game pass: When I try to install some games from the store available with the game pass, the install button is greyed out. How do I download these games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games-with-game-pass/98acdb61-3939-4c5e-837f-6393c44f5eb2