Windows 10: Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server

Discus and support Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have a legacy software which has to use a printer shared by a legacy server which is Windows server 2003. The client computer is on Windows 10. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by graceyin39, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server

We have a legacy software which has to use a printer shared by a legacy server which is Windows server 2003. The client computer is on Windows 10. We got the error message stating "Operation could not be completed error 0x00000709" when installing the printer every time after Windows update on the client PC. The fix is to remove the updates.We can't get rid of the software until the end of the year, so we have to make it work without constantly removing the Windows updates .I have searched the error message, and tried the methods mentioned in the link below, but no luck.https://win10faq.com/

:)

graceyin39, Mar 16, 2022
  2. mohsenten Win User

Problem in Opening share folder and printers from win server 2003

Hi
    1- I shared printer in windows 10

- I turn off firewall in win 10
    - I enable share folder and printers
    - I exit the antivirus
    - I enable smb1.0 feature in win 10 (client,server,...)
    - I tried and use local port in "add a printer" on devices and printers \\192.168.1.110\printer name and add ...

but when I open that printer in win server 2003, the message is appeared that can't open that
    2- And when I type the IP address of windows 10 PC in win server 2003 that system and printer shared founded but when right click on it and hit "connect" then enter the properly username and password the following messages is appeared :

1- The credential supplied conflict with an existing set of credential overwriting the existing .... then press yes

2- the existing set of credential can not be deleted

BUT the credential is first time entered in win server and not existed in server 2003

And I know thet "support for Windows Server 2003 ended years ago" but I I know but I now have to use win server 2003 and no solution for replace it with another is. Thanks a lot.

mohsenten, Mar 16, 2022
  3. mohsenten Win User
    Problem in Opening share folder and printers from win server 2003

I want to see shared printer of w10 in win server 2003 not inverse

mohsenten, Mar 16, 2022
  4. Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server

Installing Printer Drivers on Win Serv 2003

hp doesn't have any drivers that support Window Server 2003 for my printer a PSC 1420V. Is there anyway I can install the drivers, or install substitute drivers?

Thermopylae_480, Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server

1. Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server - Similar Threads - Can't install printer

2. Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server: We have a legacy software which has to use a printer shared by a legacy server which is Windows server 2003. The client computer is on Windows 10. We got the error message stating "Operation could not be completed error 0x00000709" when installing the printer every time after...
  3. Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install a printer shared on 2003 server: We have a legacy software which has to use a printer shared by a legacy server which is Windows server 2003. The client computer is on Windows 10. We got the error message stating "Operation could not be completed error 0x00000709" when installing the printer every time after...
  4. Can't install a shared Star printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install a shared Star printer: Hello! I'm having trouble installing a shared Star TSP100 printer. The printer is USB installed to a PC on our LAN and working fine there. It also installs as a shared printer on several other PCs. But it won't install on one PC running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 First I'm asked for...
  5. Can't install a shared Star printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install a shared Star printer: Hello! I'm having trouble installing a shared Star TSP100 printer. The printer is USB installed to a PC on our LAN and working fine there. It also installs as a shared printer on several other PCs. But it won't install on one PC running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 First I'm asked for...
  6. Can't install a shared Star printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. We can't install a shared USB printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We can't install a shared USB printer: There is a USB printer shared in host which in domain. We could search in domain, but it appear " A policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from connecting to this printer queue".It's a shared printer in local, not an IP printer . And we could connect to the...
  8. We can't install a shared USB printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't install a shared USB printer: There is a USB printer shared in host which in domain. We could search in domain, but it appear " A policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from connecting to this printer queue".It's a shared printer in local, not an IP printer . And we could connect to the...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro Laptop can't access shared folders on Windows 2003 Server: I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop on my office LAN that can browse other Windows 10 Computers on my network, but it can't browse my Windows 2003 Server when I type in \\Servername I get an error that the server can't be found. The other Windows 10 Pro Laptops on the network...
  10. Problem in Opening share folder and printers from win server 2003

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem in Opening share folder and printers from win server 2003: Hi 1- I shared printer in windows 10 but when I have to open that printer the message is appeared that can't open that 2- And when I type the IP address of windows 10 PC in win server 2003 that system win server can't find it Who can help me - I turn off firewall in win 10 -...