Windows 10: Can't install a printer to my new laptop.

Discus and support Can't install a printer to my new laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to install a Canon imageclass fm4100 printer and get the message "active Directory Domain Services is curently no available" How can i make that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Path0214, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Path0214 Win User

Can't install a printer to my new laptop.

Trying to install a Canon imageclass fm4100 printer and get the message "active Directory Domain Services is curently no available" How can i make that available? This is a new laptop running windows 10. The printer worked ok on my previous laptop also running Windows 10. Thanks for your help.

:)

Path0214, Mar 19, 2020

2. connect new laptop to old printer

Hi Yon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about adding a printer to your device. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated printer drivers after upgrade to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if the drivers are compatible to Windows 10 Operating System?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps you to add the printer.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Greg Carmack - MS MVP
    on January 10, 2016 and check if it helps.

Unable to connect my Printer to Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 19, 2020
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

4. Ruz San Win User

laptop keeps losing printer

Hi Roy,

There appears to be a problem with the driver for the printer that is installed on the laptop. Let's look into some things to identify what needs to be corrected. Kindly answer the following:

• Do you get any error messages when using the devices?
    • How do you uninstall and reinstall the printer?

Let's run the Printer Troubleshooter in Control Panel to collect more information about the problem. It may also fix the issue since Windows troubleshooters are designed to correct the issues they find on the system. Follow these steps to run the suggested
    tool:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Printer and allow the troubleshooter to run.

We can move forward based on your updates.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't install a printer to my new laptop. - Similar Threads - Can't install printer

2. Laptop can't connect to a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can't connect to a printer: My laptop cannot find my printer.<Changed to a question> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-cant-connect-to-a-printer/f6ada5a5-f4b1-466b-b3ac-3f01412ef8e1
  3. Laptop can't connect to a printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop can't connect to a printer: My laptop cannot find my printer.<Changed to a question> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-cant-connect-to-a-printer/f6ada5a5-f4b1-466b-b3ac-3f01412ef8e1
  4. installing new printer

installing new printer: The computer set up of new printer wont let me print--says it's a metered connection. don't understand, it's a replacement printer on a private home computer Is there a place on the set up where it asks that--I didn't see it. How do I change it?...
  5. can't print from new laptop to printer

can't print from new laptop to printer: New HP laptop with windows 10 and trying to print from HP Envy 5549. Have tried troubleshooting and still won't work. I need to print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-from-new-laptop-to-printer/1497f80a-1187-487f-a098-9f9ee6ab307f
  6. connecting my new laptop with my printer

connecting my new laptop with my printer: I got my laptop a couple of months ago but continue to be unable to connect it with my printer. Can someone walk me through it? None of the suggested tips helps. The message I get when I try to connect is that the printer is unavailable....
  7. Installing new printer

Installing new printer: Hi I have been trying to install a new printer but my system hasn't been able to find it. I have tried all the recommendations that I can find, including troubleshooting but nothing has worked. Any advice appreciated. Thanks...
  8. Can't install printer

Can't install printer: I have a brother 620CN On windows 10, it should install by plugging in the USB. It worked fine 2 weeks ago, and now when i plug it in, it doesn't show up, or it doesn't find the printer when i try to add it through the control panel. It only shows up like this....
  9. My laptop can't print to my printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop can't print to my printer: My printer is a Brother 5250-DN. It is conected to my Desktop that is on a network. My laptop needs to connect to the network wirelessly. When I go into the network and try to connect, it says my credentials don't work. I am typing in the right username and password. Other...
  10. Can't Install Windows on New SSD Installed on New Win10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install Windows on New SSD Installed on New Win10 Laptop: Hello everyone, Here is my issue. I just got a deal on a brand new HP Probook 450 G3 that came with a 1To HDD and Windows 10 pre-installed. I used the spare money to purchase an Windows 7 Pro x64 license and a Sandisk 256Gb SSD. My intention was to pull the original HDD...