Windows 10: Cant Install a Wifi Direct Printer

Discus and support Cant Install a Wifi Direct Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys I have an HP Pavillion x 360 Convertible 14-dh1 computer with windows 10 and a HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476 PCL 6 printer. I want to conect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarlosCPR, Nov 28, 2020.

1. CarlosCPR Win User

Cant Install a Wifi Direct Printer

Hi Guys

I have an HP Pavillion x 360 Convertible 14-dh1 computer with windows 10 and a HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476 PCL 6 printer.

I want to conect my computer to my printer using Wifi Direct Printing.

My wifi direct is already setup in the printer.

My computer just cant find the printer.

I press ¨Add a printer or scanner¨, it doesnt find the printer and the option Show Wi-Fi Direct printers is not there also.

All tutorials mention ¨ If displayed, press show Wi-Fi direct printers¨, but none says what to do in case it doesnt display it.

Thanks in advance

Carlos Proença

:)

CarlosCPR, Nov 28, 2020
  2. tehghey Win User

Cannot connect Win 10 PC to printer with WiFi Direct

Hello. I installed a HP printer model M402dw and turned on WiFi Direct mode. I am able to connect to the printer enough to see it in the WiFi connections list as well as in Available Devices when I try to Add Printer.

I am able to add the printer, send documents, and print with two Windows 7 machines. The process was smooth and easy.

When I try to Add Printer on the Windows 10 machine it asks for a WSP PIN. The printer even receives the signal that the computer is trying to connect via WiFi Direct and shows a PIN on its little LCD screen. When I enter the PIN into the box on the PC, it just sits and spins. Eventually the printer times out and gives up and then a while later Windows also gives up and says "That didn't work. Try again...blah blah...or contact the device manufacturer...etc." And when I click OK to close the window a box pops up with "The argument is invalid."

Can anyone please tell me how to get this to work? Thanks.

tehghey, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

Welcome to TenForums!

First, I would suggest installing the actual driver package from Brother. While the printer may work with the fairly generic drivers that come with Windows 10, I've always found that I get better results from the actual Brother drivers.

I have a rather old Brother printer so the exact steps may be a bit different from yours, but in my case when I install the drivers it will search the network for available printers and allow me to specify the printer that it finds. If it does not find a printer, it may ask you to initially setup the printer via a direct connection (USB), and then configure the printer for network use (WiFi).

In any case, the installation wizard should guide you through the steps.

hsehestedt, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Cant Install a Wifi Direct Printer

Canon printer wifi trouble

Hey,

I installed my canon pixma mg3210 with the newest driver and I choose wifi connection.

Eveyrthing works fine until I turn off the printer then my laptop doesn't detect the printer anymore.
    Basically, the printer is offline.

DarkWhisper, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Cant Install a Wifi Direct Printer

1. Cant Install a Wifi Direct Printer - Similar Threads - Cant Install Wifi

2. How can I remove a wifi direct printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a wifi direct printer?: My printer supports wifi direct connection, so I tried to connect to my printer via wifi direct. It has been added in the list settings->Bluetooth & devices -> Printers & scanners, but it's been marked with a message ,'Driver is unavailable', and it doesn't work. So, I just...
  3. How can I remove a wifi direct printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove a wifi direct printer?: My printer support wifi direct connection, so I tried to connect to my printer via wifi direct. It has been added in the list settings->Bluetooth & devices -> Printers & scanners, but it's been marked with a message ,'Driver is unavailable', and it doesn't work. So, I just...
  4. cant install printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install printer: cant install printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-printer/bd03ce16-5c41-4f50-8733-92d89b4dc1f9
  5. cant install printer

cant install printer: cant install printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-printer/bd03ce16-5c41-4f50-8733-92d89b4dc1f9
  6. Wifi direct printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  7. Wifi direct printer

Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  8. Wifi direct

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi direct: I'm trying to connect to my 65 inch LG TV UJ6300 with my lenovo V570. I can't seem to get it to connect except by hdmi only. Laptop says I don't support miracast. So I finally got it to show in the list for wifi direct on the TV. Yet when I click it nothing happens just keeps...
  9. install wifi printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    install wifi printer: cannot instal Brother printer via wifi. ok via USB how to install as wifi after router changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-wifi-printer/e9ca0d40-11b4-468c-ba55-938395ccfe9f
  10. Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop: laptop and printer were communicating thru wifi but no longer. I wired printer to laptop directly and still unable to print. Please help, thank you.......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show wifi direct printer not being displayed in windows 10

2. direct wifi printer on list but cannot select