Windows 10: Cant install AMD Chipset because windows installer get error 1702

Discus and support Cant install AMD Chipset because windows installer get error 1702 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, searched internet for an answer for this but going slow. Trying to install AMD new chipset driver but get the following error: "Error 1720. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reqq, Aug 9, 2019.

1. reqq Win User

Cant install AMD Chipset because windows installer get error 1702

Hi, searched internet for an answer for this but going slow. Trying to install AMD new chipset driver but get the following error:

"Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contant your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action GetDeviceId script error -2147024894, WshShell.RegRead: cant open register key "HKLM\SOFTWARE\AMD\AMD_Chipset_IODrivers\DeployedFeatures" for read."

Previously installing Microsoft VIsual c++ 2015 x64 Minimum Runtime i also got an error but it seemed to work anyway. Maybe related? That error looked liked this:

"The path 'C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{0D3E9E15-DE7A-300B-96F1-B4AF12B96488}v14.0.23026\packages\vcRuntimeMinimum_amd64\vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi' cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package 'vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi' in a folder from which you can install the product Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64 Minimum Runtime - 14.0.23026. "

So the the history of this computer is that i bought the new ryzen cpu and motherboard. Did a clean install from a cd..which i burned like 2 years ago or something.. so needed a lot of patches.

edit: wrong number in title.. its 1720.

:)

reqq, Aug 9, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 9, 2019
  3. DarkEgo Win User
    Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Mark7805 Win User

Issue with Windows 7 installing

On the second step of installing Windows 7 it just locks up and won't continue with installation. I talked to my friend in town (Urbklr on Techpowerup) and he believes it's my chipset. I can't get a hold of him to find out how I could update my bios and such.

Mark7805, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Cant install AMD Chipset because windows installer get error 1702 - Similar Threads - Cant install AMD

2. Cant install amd sofware and 2 games getting suspended

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant install amd sofware and 2 games getting suspended: English is my second language please pardon me.My genshin impact wont open, it was working before but when i updated my amd drivers by using amd sofware. It does not open. Now another game that i just recently installed is doki doki literature club, it wont open on steam. It...
  3. Cant install update because of VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant install update because of VirtualBox: I cant update my computer because it says I need to uninstall VirtualBox. I have searched in programs, nothing. I have done all the suggested searches online thru my registry and I have none of the folders related to it at all, so I cant update. I have tried restarting,...
  4. AMD Chipset Install Error: 1316, The Specified Account Already Exists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Chipset Install Error: 1316, The Specified Account Already Exists: Folks, I'm running into the error in the thread title whenever I try to run the AMD Chipset installer. Windows 10 version 1909. I have a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra motherboard (support listed here: X570 AORUS ULTRA (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global ) The...
  5. AMD chipset driver

AMD chipset driver: I was wondering what would happen if I installed wrong amd chipset driver an older version then reinstalled to a newer one from the manufacturer’s site? Could it cause problems with drivers and Windows? Thank you...
  6. Amd chipset question

Amd chipset question: So I've got a question about the amd b450 chipset drivers; Should I install it directly from amd? Should I install it directly from MSI (the motherboard I have)? Or should I grab it & install it from both sources when a update is available? 148398
  7. AMD chipset driver installation error (Missing Inf file)

AMD chipset driver installation error (Missing Inf file): Hi guys trying to update my AMD drivers and im getting these 2 errors shown in the screenshot. What's going on? I should mention im running a 3700x on a x470 motherboard, an asus prime pro x470 with an NVIDIA GTX 1070 I installed their chipset driers but it seems to have come...
  8. Cant install chipset drivers, error 1720

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant install chipset drivers, error 1720: I have been trying for the past day to install the chipset drivers for my cpu and no matter what I do, I always get the error Product: AMD_Chipset_Drivers -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete...
  9. Chipset installation

Chipset installation: Hello I formatted my PC recently and installed windows 10 but I'm having a problem installing my (chip set) driver because some of my USB's they are not working on my PC so i'm trying to install the Chipset driver windows 10 (64-bit) and I'm using (HP Pavilion p6-2070l...
  10. AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10

AMD Chipset Drivers and Windows 10: Recently, due to some hardware failures, I had to replace my motherboard. I also decided to reinstall Windows 10. When I went to install the chipset drivers (16.4.2 Crimson, 64-bit), the only things it wanted to install were graphics related. I can install these...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd chipset error 1720

2. amd chipset driver 1720 error

3. amd chipset drivers error 1720

4. windows installer script missing amd chipset drivers,
  5. C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{0D3E9E15-DE7A-300B-96F1-B4AF12B96488}v14.0.23026\packages\vcRuntimeMinimum_amd64\,
  6. amd chipset installer which driver install,
  7. windows 10 cant install amd chipset drivers,
  8. error 1720 windows installer script missing,
  9. amd chipset installer error,
  10. vc_runtimeminimum_x64.msi location amd driver,
  11. cant install amd chipset,
  12. amd chipset drivers dont install windows,
  13. amd chipset software installer wont work,
  14. AMD chipset driver 1720,
  15. Amd chipset drives a script required could not run