Windows 10: Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Discus and support Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Error from VirtualBox: 32-bit Windows hosts are not supported by this VirtualBox release Same problem attempting to install VPN, Pulse Secure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SM12313, Mar 30, 2020.

1. SM12313 Win User

Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Error from VirtualBox: 32-bit Windows hosts are not supported by this VirtualBox release

Same problem attempting to install VPN, Pulse Secure.

:)

SM12313, Mar 30, 2020
  2. ddarryl Win User

Can`t Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit Windows 10

I tried upgrading my notebook/tablet pc from 32-bit to 64-bit windows 10. But it won`t boot from my usb. I checked if its compatible and followed the steps, but I didn`t get the windows "install now" option.

ddarryl, Mar 30, 2020
  3. pepoluan Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Windows 32 bits to 64 bits

Hi Kulbeer,

To upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1. Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Similar Threads - Can't install bit

2. Windows 10 home 64 bits

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home 64 bits: My new computer has Windows 10 home 64 bit and version OS Build 18363.1500. Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10. I am using my home computer. How can I get the latest version of Windows 10, where can I get the latest version and what is the name...
  3. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs: 64 bit versions of apps I want to install say something like "64bit windows is required" and "this version will not work on your computer. Please download the 32 bit version instead.". The messages are also blurry. [ATTACH][ATTACH] System Type: 64-bit operating system,...
  4. 64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer

64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer: I bought a windows kit from Amazon, came in a box with a usb drive. I just built my 1st pc my processer in an AMD Rayzen 5 3600x it is for sure 64 bit based. I went to install Windows home 64 bit but it gave me a message saying it failed to install so i installed the 32 bit....
  5. WIN 10 Home 64 Bit - but 32 bit apps?

WIN 10 Home 64 Bit - but 32 bit apps?: I am a MAC OS X Catalina User as a second machine for Office apps - i have a win 10 Home 64-bit system. My question : looking in the tasmgr - i see many 32-bit apps - Microsoft word , avira etc. can i change a setting - that only the 64 bit version is installed? Best...
  6. Can't install 64-bit applications on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install 64-bit applications on Windows 10 Home: Can SOMEONE please help? This is the second time I've asked this and no one has responded. I work for a hospital and need to get this resolved! I am unable to install any 64-bit applications. This is the error I get from VirtualBox: 32-bit Windows hosts are not supported...
  7. Can't install VirtualBox on Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Can't install VirtualBox on Windows 10 Home 64 bit: Error: 32-bit Windows hosts are not supported by this VirtualBox release Same problem attempting to install VPN, Pulse Secure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-virtualbox-on-windows-10-home-64-bit/ff7a95f5-730e-4d00-9ad9-d93c48d86a97
  8. Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs

Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs: I recently purchased a Surface Pro X and I am trying to install some programs but they are not allowing me to install due the program requiring a 64 bit Operating system. I have checked my System information and I am definitely running 64 bit windows "System type: 64-bit...
  9. 32 bit to 64 bit Windows Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    32 bit to 64 bit Windows Home: I have a new 1TB Sata HDD. The old Sata HDD has my windows 10 Home 32 bit installed. Could I use the media creator tool and install Windows 10 Home 64 bit to new hard drive and would this detect the digital license on old hard drive? I know this sounds like it would be too...
  10. Windows 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home 64 bit: Ok one of my desktop that i bought came with windows 10 home 64 bit installed on it if i want to put the same windows on my macbook pro i would need a iso file and would i need a new product key...