Windows 10: Can't install any apps on the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't install any apps on the Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I can't install any apps from the store. When I click install, nothing happens; the button stays blue. Nothing appears in my downloads and updates... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by rtey31, Jan 26, 2021.

1. rtey31 Win User

Can't install any apps on the Microsoft Store

I can't install any apps from the store. When I click install, nothing happens; the button stays blue. Nothing appears in my downloads and updates section either. I have already tried:

- Restarting

- Windows update troubleshooter

- sfc /scannow

- When I run wsreset.exe, the cmd window stays open indefinitely

I don't have an antivirus installed and Windows is up to date. Hopefully there's a fix that isn't just reinstalling Windows.

:)

rtey31, Jan 26, 2021

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers
    to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?

• Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile,
    we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step
    1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows
    Logo Key + R
    to open the Run
    dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows
    Store apps
    > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix
    problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and
    then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and
    check, refer this article to create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 26, 2021
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't install any apps on the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't install apps

2. Microsoft store Can't open and can't install any apps & Programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store Can't open and can't install any apps & Programs.: I Can't open Microsoft store and install any programs please give me a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cant-open-and-cant-install-any/5c9c136d-d93e-4e79-9af0-fd4de1272da9
  3. Microsoft store Can't open and can't install any apps & Programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store Can't open and can't install any apps & Programs.: I Can't open Microsoft store and install any programs please give me a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cant-open-and-cant-install-any/5c9c136d-d93e-4e79-9af0-fd4de1272da9
  4. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store: I was just trying to install Minecraft for Windows on the Microsoft Store, but whenever I click on an app/game it just shows this.I've tried everything to trying to enable the Windows Update service in services.msc, but whenever I try to set it to "Manual" so I can start it...
  5. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store: I was just trying to install Minecraft for Windows on the Microsoft Store, but whenever I click on an app/game it just shows this.I've tried everything to trying to enable the Windows Update service in services.msc, but whenever I try to set it to "Manual" so I can start it...
  6. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Store will not install any apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store will not install any apps: When I try to install any app on microsoft store, I get the message "Try again later, Something happened on our end". This has been going on for a couple months, but it wasn't really an issue until now. I've tried resetting the cache wsreset. Logout, reset, log back in. I've...
  8. Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...

Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...: Hi, I am not able to open the Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any Microsoft Edge Add-ons. I used the wsreset.exe in the run box. It resulted in an error: ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches. The app didn't start. I ran the Store...
  9. Microsoft Store - I can't Install any apps!

Microsoft Store - I can't Install any apps!: Whenever I open the Microsoft store and go to my owned apps and games, then click on the Install button nothing happens sometimes it'll take me to the store page of the app. I'm not really sure what to do since I have tried other troubleshooting problems but nothing seems to...
  10. Can't install any apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install any apps from Microsoft Store: [ATTACH] Whenever I try to install anything from the microsoft store, this is all I get. It says it can't detect hardware for Architecture or DirectX. I've tried troubleshooting and resetting the store, but nothing fixes it Edit: One thing I've found is I'm running...