Windows 10: Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I had tried almost every possible ways posted such as enable/disable firewalls, etc in order to drag and drop to install a font in windows 10. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kuoweiwang, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

Hi
    I had tried almost every possible ways posted such as enable/disable firewalls, etc in order to drag and drop to install a font in windows 10. All I got is something like a 'not a valid font' always. This is a brand new windows 10 and I wonder if there will be a patch/fix for this problem. thanks

:)

kuoweiwang, Jul 6, 2016
  2. MVO Rick Win User

Font List in Text File Windows 10

I would like to print a text file of all of the installed font in my windows 10 system.

You can't copy and past as you would text because it copies the font. I can't find a way to scroll all of the font names in the folder, and then past that list.

I am trying to get the font name only, not any information on size, family, etc and I don't want a sample of what the font looks like along with the name, just the font name.

I saw some articles on how to do this on older systems using DOS command, but can't get it done in windows 10.

MVO Rick, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Ina_925 Win User
    Can install any fonts (Windows 10)

Hey,

I can't download any fonts to my computer. I've downloaded fonts from a website I know have fonts that works (dafon.com), but it still dosen't work.

I've WinRAR on my computer, and have follow steps on how to download fonts with it, but it still dosen't work. I've clicked in on the font and clicked
    Install, dosen't work. I've dragged the font in to the Fonts mapp, dosen't work.

I was in on a article here (
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/cant-install-any-fonts-in-windows-10/b11a1ac3-ddc9-4980-9d0e-5c501ab08749?auth=1
    ) and followed the steps a guy from Windows had left as an answer, didn't work.

When I drag the font into the Fonts mapp it's loading as if it's downloading but I can't find it in the map, nor in editing programs when I'm going to select a font.

[ Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage
    ]

Ina_925, Jul 6, 2016
  4. magilla Win User

Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

On the font you want to install, right click on it and there is an option to install. If there are several fonts, highlight them, right click and click on install. If some of the fonts are already installed, the program will prompt you that it is already installed.

magilla, Jul 6, 2016
  5. Hi I did exactly what you said and it does not work. Please see my screen shots. ID003.TTF.txt

I also added the font itself. Please remove the .txt and install it to see if it works on your machine. tx

kuoweiwang, Jul 7, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    I tried your Font and it also warned it is not a valid Font file. What I see in C:\Windows\Fonts is that a large number of them are less than 100KB in size, your file is 1818KB or about 1.8MB in size, way too large and suggests corruption or infection.

Berton, Jul 7, 2016
  7. Thanks for giving it a try. This font is able to be imported and used in windows 7. I guess its not compatible to windows 10.

kuoweiwang, Jul 7, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

For a one-time use a Font doesn't actually have to be installed for some programs to be able to use it, just won't be available automatically until it is installed. So it's back to getting that error when double-clicking it, something wrong with the file.

Berton, Jul 7, 2016
  9. magilla Win User
    Did you say you cannot install ANY fonts? Or just this one font, which appears to be identified as a non-font.
    I did try to install and it states is not a font file. Is this a foreign (non-English) font?

magilla, Jul 7, 2016
  10. BTW, yes forgot to mention. It is a Chinese font and was working perfectly fine in Windows 7. I think I can install other fonts without issue. But I've got a bunch of those Chinese fonts needed for my publisher files. Without those fonts being available on my Windows 10 machine, I have to edit those publisher files on some windows 7 machine; very inconvenient.

Well I guess there is no obvious fix for this. *Sick

kuoweiwang, Jul 7, 2016
  11. magilla Win User
    so strange that they work on 7 and not 10. Seems like any font file running on 7 should run on 10. Are they associated with a particular publishing software program? I'm just wondering if the software program might have a blog or support group that could help you. If I find out anything I'll let you know.

magilla, Jul 7, 2016
  12. No, I am pretty sure those Chinese fonts are NOT associating to the MS Publisher files. Since I installed those fonts first before creating the publisher files on my Windows 7 machine. Yes, I am very surprised that those fonts don't work on Windows 10.

kuoweiwang, Jul 7, 2016
  13. Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

What is the name of the font and where did you get it?

I see id001.ttf in your doc - but that's not the font name.

Slartybart, Jul 7, 2016
  14. On post #3, ID003.TTF.txt I have the actual font file uploaded. thanks for looking into this too. After download it, please remove the .txt . BTW, if you happen to have windows 7 machine, installing the font does not have any problem.

kuoweiwang, Jul 7, 2016
  15. Yes, I looked at the font, but I don't understand Chinese

Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10 [​IMG]

The large size of the font file might be due to the multi-character nature of Asian and other non-Latin fonts

Please answer the questions I asked - the file might be corrupt (ok it installs on Win7, but is that the same physical file)

Downloading the same font from a reputable source might resolve the issue post haste.
    I can't look for the font unless I know the name.

Slartybart, Jul 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Install Fonts

2. Can't install font in my windows!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install font in my windows!: Hey, Hope you're doing great!Whenever I am trying to install a font into my computer Idk why but It doesn't seem to install with the font name, but it is getting labelled as "false" font! Because of this I can't install more than one font into my computer and etc!...
  3. Can't install font in my windows!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install font in my windows!: Hey, Hope you're doing great!Whenever I am trying to install a font into my computer Idk why but It doesn't seem to install with the font name, but it is getting labelled as "false" font! Because of this I can't install more than one font into my computer and etc!...
  4. Can't install font in my windows!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Any idea how to install Fonts in an Unlicensed Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea how to install Fonts in an Unlicensed Windows 10?: Hi, I am using an unlicensed Windows 10 and I am not interested in paying for it. Mainly because I use Ubuntu as my daily driver and only need this to run the Adobe Creativity Suite. I am currently stuck on an illustrator project and need a specific font to be installed to...
  6. Can't install fonts windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't install fonts windows 10 pro: There doesn't seem to be a way to install fonts in windows 10. When I try to drag the font file into the fonts folder I get a red circle with a cross. I the only option to add fonts is from the microsoft store which basically has no font options....
  7. Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10: I'm unable to install any new fonts on my Windows 10 machine. I follow the usual procedure: download the fonts, they're in a zip folder, unzip them, then rightclick and select "Install" or "Install for All Users." When I do this I get a popup saying: "The 'NewFont' font...
  8. Can't preview any font in Windows 10 recent install

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't preview any font in Windows 10 recent install: Hi, I have this horrible problem, whenever I double click on a ttf or otf font file (not installed one) I get the error "...is not a valid font file". I have read around these forums and inet in general, and people is solving this activating Windows Firewall or updating...
  9. Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall): For some reason, I can no longer install TTF fonts on my windows 10 PC. Here is a folder filled with web/ttf fonts that I am trying to work with. Every time I click on a TTF font, a small window appears onscreen, but only for a moment before it vanishes. I gather this...
  10. Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts: Hello, I did something really stupid (in retrospect) and now I don't know how to fix it. I had no idea it was going to cause a problem. I installed 30,000 fonts or so, and now the font folder in control panel is saying the font folder is empty. I can't see the fonts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install fonts windows 10