Windows 10: Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Took a different tact and used preview - can you preview the font? [img] found the name: Big5 China Dragon Beauty font Searched for it Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kuoweiwang, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

Took a different tact and used preview - can you preview the font?

Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10 [​IMG]

found the name: Big5 China Dragon Beauty font

Searched for it
    Google

The Font name in preview looks screwy - but that might just be multi-character manifested

Slartybart, Jul 7, 2016

2. Thanks, from windows 7, I can see below. But the "....." after the "Font name:" are not Chinese either. They are some random characters. I saw the font was created in 2002, maybe its too old to be supported by Windows 10. I will look for something newer then.

Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10 [​IMG]

kuoweiwang, Jul 7, 2016
  3. I'm not sure how the preview handles multichars - you are correct though it is not Chinese *Wink

Can you preview the font file on Win10?

When I searched for the font, I don't think I saw anything newer - some results were in Chinese (I still haven't mastered that language *Wink ) but the dates looked to be about the same.

You might want to use the feedback App and tell MS that this is an issue. Other than that I don't think there's anything you can do that will change Windows behavior in processing the font.

Berton confirmed the font will not install on their machine either (I didn't try to install it, I just looked at the properties and used font preview)

Best of luck, that's all I have to offer.

Bill

Slartybart, Jul 7, 2016
  4. magilla Win User

Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

What bill said. China dragon fonts search finds free download fonts. You might try his suggestion. They are there.

magilla, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

1. Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Install Fonts

2. Can't install font in my windows!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install font in my windows!: Hey, Hope you're doing great!Whenever I am trying to install a font into my computer Idk why but It doesn't seem to install with the font name, but it is getting labelled as "false" font! Because of this I can't install more than one font into my computer and etc!...
  3. Can't install font in my windows!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install font in my windows!: Hey, Hope you're doing great!Whenever I am trying to install a font into my computer Idk why but It doesn't seem to install with the font name, but it is getting labelled as "false" font! Because of this I can't install more than one font into my computer and etc!...
  4. Can't install font in my windows!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Any idea how to install Fonts in an Unlicensed Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea how to install Fonts in an Unlicensed Windows 10?: Hi, I am using an unlicensed Windows 10 and I am not interested in paying for it. Mainly because I use Ubuntu as my daily driver and only need this to run the Adobe Creativity Suite. I am currently stuck on an illustrator project and need a specific font to be installed to...
  6. Can't install fonts windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't install fonts windows 10 pro: There doesn't seem to be a way to install fonts in windows 10. When I try to drag the font file into the fonts folder I get a red circle with a cross. I the only option to add fonts is from the microsoft store which basically has no font options....
  7. Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10: I'm unable to install any new fonts on my Windows 10 machine. I follow the usual procedure: download the fonts, they're in a zip folder, unzip them, then rightclick and select "Install" or "Install for All Users." When I do this I get a popup saying: "The 'NewFont' font...
  8. Can't preview any font in Windows 10 recent install

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't preview any font in Windows 10 recent install: Hi, I have this horrible problem, whenever I double click on a ttf or otf font file (not installed one) I get the error "...is not a valid font file". I have read around these forums and inet in general, and people is solving this activating Windows Firewall or updating...
  9. Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall): For some reason, I can no longer install TTF fonts on my windows 10 PC. Here is a folder filled with web/ttf fonts that I am trying to work with. Every time I click on a TTF font, a small window appears onscreen, but only for a moment before it vanishes. I gather this...
  10. Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts: Hello, I did something really stupid (in retrospect) and now I don't know how to fix it. I had no idea it was going to cause a problem. I installed 30,000 fonts or so, and now the font folder in control panel is saying the font folder is empty. I can't see the fonts...