Windows 10: Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall)

Discus and support Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason, I can no longer install TTF fonts on my windows 10 PC. Here is a folder filled with web/ttf fonts that I am trying to work with.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mattwarren, May 4, 2017.

1. Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall)

For some reason, I can no longer install TTF fonts on my windows 10 PC. Here is a folder filled with web/ttf fonts that I am trying to work with.

Every time I click on a TTF font, a small window appears onscreen, but only for a moment before it vanishes. I gather this would normally be the progress-bar window. For whatever reason it is just 'skipping'. The fonts never show up in my list.

I am aware of font installation problems that are related to the windows firewall. However, the firewall has always been on. I've also done a few reboots. No dice. I would appreciate any guidance. Also, let me know if I can provide further data.

Many thanks,
    Matt

:)

mattwarren, May 4, 2017
  2. TimXM Win User

Can't install fonts / custom fonts don't appear in games

I tried so hard to fix this, it just seems impossible

Tried to disable windows firewall

Tried converting to ttf and otf (original file was ttf)

Tried other fonts

Basically it always give the error: [the requested file: {PATH} is not a valid font file,

Thank you for any help.

TimXM, May 4, 2017
  3. gnohzwd Win User
    REQ: Nokia Messaging - Enable Japanese & Chinese in email messages

Hi everyone, I can't seem to be able to install Japanese fonts on my e72. Using y-browser, I found that there is already a heiseigoths60.ttf in my phone's resource\fonts directory. Is this normal? I noted down the names of the font files, made 5 copies
    of heiseigoths60.ttf on my microSD card resource\fonts directory, renamed the files, and reboot my phone. But the fonts seem to be the same. Is the original heiseigoths60.ttf on my phone causing the conflict? I tried a hard reset of my phone, but heiseigoths60.ttf
    is originally there, but some Japanese symbols can't seem to be displayed properly, such as this ♪ (musical note) Can any kind soul provide any suggestions? Thanks a lot! Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall) :)

gnohzwd, May 4, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall)

The fonts folder should be protected by "Trusted Installer". You should be using Font management software to install the fonts into the fonts folder. Also the firewall has zero to do with the folders and files. A firewall is just like a door and a lock on the door. It is only made to keep you warm and fuzzy in thinking that you are safe, which you are not.

bro67, May 4, 2017
  5. Thanks bro67,

I only mentioned the firewall issue because, in my web-searching, I found repeated mentions of font problems that were inexplicably linked to the firewall. I know that, in general terms, they are unrelated. I just wanted to pre-empt any mention of that possible solution.

I will investigate font management software. But up until this moment, I had no problems whatsoever adding fonts to my system via the Fonts control panel. I'm perplexed as to why this is happening now.

mattwarren, May 4, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    -Are you signed on as Admin?
    -Did you unblock the file(s)? (right click/Properties/Unblock/Apply/OK)
    -right click/Install?

(Nice font, btw, thank you!) *Wink

Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall) [​IMG]

Edwin, May 4, 2017
  7. Mystere Win User
    Another way to install is to simply drag fonts into the Fonts folder using File Explorer. This works because File Explorer has a shell extension for Font Handling. This only works in Explorer, not in a command prompt.

Mystere, May 4, 2017
  8. Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall)

Thanks for those follow-ups.

Edwin: I'll be sure to check those settings when I return home after work.
    Mystere: That's been the really strange thing: I can't drag fonts over. That's not working. In fact, installing via that means - or by clicking on install within the Fonts window - simply do not work.

As I mentioned previously, an empty font-install dialog box flickers into existence and fades in less than a second. It even feels fail-ey. This morning, before I left, I installed a TTF font from some other folder with no problem. I feel like I'm going crazy.

mattwarren, May 4, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    I just downloaded that Jura-DemiBold. ttf font from Download Jura DemiBold - DemiBold, went to my Downloads Folder, double-clicked it to view and on the view page clicked Install. After closing I opened WordPerfect and typed some text using Jura, worked fine. Looking in C:\Windows\Fonts shows the Jura Font, also in Control Panel, Fonts.

Berton, May 4, 2017
  10. Mystere Win User
    Have you checked Event Log for any errors?

Mystere, May 4, 2017
  11. Okay, so I've experienced the quintessentially Windows moment. It's that moment when, the day afterward, you do the same thing you did yesterday. But where yesterday, Windows failed every. single time...

Today it just works.

I've been computing long enough to just accept this. But I promise you: This totally failed. I rebooted twice. Heck, I created my forum account because of this thing.

So thank you all for your help. I continue to marvel at those moments when it's clear some things are just held together by duct tape.

mattwarren, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall)

1. Can't install any new TTF fonts (and it's not because of the firewall) - Similar Threads - Can't install TTF

2. Can't install any Windows because of the constant crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install any Windows because of the constant crash: Hello. I have upgraded my PC recently, and now my system constantly goes into BSOD with absolutely different errors. Now I tried reinstalling itor even to install Win11, but I couldn't install it because of the random crash on "Getting files ready for installation" on like...
  3. Can't install any Windows because of the constant crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't install any Windows because of the constant crash: Hello. I have upgraded my PC recently, and now my system constantly goes into BSOD with absolutely different errors. Now I tried reinstalling itor even to install Win11, but I couldn't install it because of the random crash on "Getting files ready for installation" on like...
  4. I need to delete some font .ttf files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to delete some font .ttf files.: I downloaded an old Magic: The Gathering game I wanted to play, then decided I didn't want to play it, however in the folder the game files came in there are 6 .ttf files that windows will not allow me to delete, insisting they are in use. They are not in use, they are not...
  5. Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Install ANY new fonts on Windows 10: I'm unable to install any new fonts on my Windows 10 machine. I follow the usual procedure: download the fonts, they're in a zip folder, unzip them, then rightclick and select "Install" or "Install for All Users." When I do this I get a popup saying: "The 'NewFont' font...
  6. TTF font not available in all applications

in Windows 10 Support
    TTF font not available in all applications: I have installed a truetype font (4077th). It is visible in the Windows font settings and it is available in WPS Office, but it is not available either to Affinity Photo or to Inkscape, even though I rebooted the system after installing it. Why is this, and how can I fix it?...
  7. Cascadia Code TTF font is here

in Windows 10 News
    Cascadia Code TTF font is here: Cascadia Code is finally here! You can install it directly from the GitHub repository’s releases page or automatically receive it in the next update of Windows Terminal. Wait, what’s Cascadia Code? Cascadia Code was announced this past May at Microsoft’s Build event. It is...
  8. Need CP437 Monospace ttf font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need CP437 Monospace ttf font: For a legacy program I am using, I need a monospace TrueType font with codepage 437 (or 850). I would like a sans serif font if possible. Does anyone know of such a font (or how one could rearrange another font to CP437)? 137495
  9. Font can't be deleted because it's in use

in Windows 10 Support
    Font can't be deleted because it's in use: I am trying to delete a non system font (Bebas Neue), but when I try to delete it it gives me the message: "Bebas Neue cannot be deleted because it's in use". I tried booting into safe mode to delete it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 132174
  10. Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10: Hi I had tried almost every possible ways posted such as enable/disable firewalls, etc in order to drag and drop to install a font in windows 10. All I got is something like a 'not a valid font' always. This is a brand new windows 10 and I wonder if there will be a patch/fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HeiseiGothS60 japanese

2. HeiseiGothS60.ttf

3. cant install fonts because of microsoft s?