Windows 10: Can't install any older Amd drivers in latest windows 10 update 1903

Discus and support Can't install any older Amd drivers in latest windows 10 update 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just recently updated to may 2019 windows 10 update.However I am unable to install old amd drivers in it.Latest driver has scren freezing issue.So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ankush Thakur, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Can't install any older Amd drivers in latest windows 10 update 1903

I just recently updated to may 2019 windows 10 update.However I am unable to install old amd drivers in it.Latest driver has scren freezing issue.So I can't install dr8vers other than 17.7.1 .The new drivers are 19.5.1

Also even If I try to use older driver than 19.7.1

But none are working.

I want to install latest driver so i can install new game and have optimisation on it.

My notebook model is

HP 15 - af103ax

amd a8 7410 apu with amd radeon r5 graphics

Amd Am m330 gy

:)

Ankush Thakur, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Lewis_G Win User

AMD R6 Graphics (Primary) Not Working After Windows 10 1903 update

Thanks for your quick reply.

I found the solution for this problem by trying various combinations.

The steps that I followed were:

1. Install Windows 10 1903 via the update assistant.
    2. Windows will alert that no drivers are installed for the AMD device on completion of installation of Windows 10 1903.
    3. Go to Device Manager
    4. Uninstall the device(For my case the R6 graphics, that had error code 43).
    5. Do not scan for hardware changes.
    6. Install AMD display driver (19.7.1 is the one I installed)

Note: The display remained black for 8minutes, in my case, while installing the AMD driver.

Done.

Lewis_G, Aug 15, 2019
  3. AMD Driver for Windows 10 not Functioning

Hi,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problems with AMD Drivers.

Please follow the steps given below to resolve this issue.

Uninstall and Reinstall the AMD
    Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the AMDDrivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the AMDDrivers from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”.
    On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    AMDDrivers and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't install any older Amd drivers in latest windows 10 update 1903

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Can't install any older Amd drivers in latest windows 10 update 1903

1. Can't install any older Amd drivers in latest windows 10 update 1903 - Similar Threads - Can't install older

2. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  3. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  4. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows update installing older drivers!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update installing older drivers!: I have fresh install with windows 10 x64 20H2 v2 iso and I have installed all the latest drivers without internet connection so that windows wont install older drivers after that i connected to internet and windows still installed older drivers a lot of them including graphic...
  6. Latest Windows 10 update broke all my older drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest Windows 10 update broke all my older drivers: Since the latest Windows 10 update all my older drivers have been forced to update and stopped working on my Laptop (Acer Aspire 5750G), specifically the touchpad functionality is completely gone. The older driver for the Elan touchpad has edge scroll (theres a little,...
  7. Windows update keeps overwriting AMD drivers with an older version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update keeps overwriting AMD drivers with an older version.: I have a laptop with Ryzen 3550 H with Vega Graphics. I updated my drivers to the latest version i.e. 20.9.1 but windows updates keeps reverting it back to a version from 2019. Then I get an error saying the versions don't match. What should I do. It's pretty frustrating. I'm...
  8. Windows 10 crashes after installing latest AMD graphics drivers

Windows 10 crashes after installing latest AMD graphics drivers: Hi, I did a fresh install of windows 10 on my laptop. When I try to install the AMD graphics drivers, windows freezes. After force shutdown and restart, windows freezes on the login screen. Then, if I boot into safe mode and disable the AMD drivers, then it runs fine. But,...
  9. install latest update 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install latest update 1903: cant get to update my window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-latest-update-1903/9ac09549-1c72-47c6-8f7e-8b87fbdb778e
  10. Problem in updating nvidia latest driver on windows 10 1903

Problem in updating nvidia latest driver on windows 10 1903: I have searched hi and lo, tried all combinations from manual, to sfc, to disabling, to uninstalling. no change. my windows 10 will not update, but will through the nvidia scheduler error daily. any more ideas?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radeon software windows 10 1903

2. AMD processor based computer wont complete 1903 win 10 update

3. win 10 amd drivers