Windows 10: Can't install any windows updates.

Discus and support Can't install any windows updates. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There were 2 windows update available one is for my printer and one is for windows defender . So i tried to update and while installing the printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kntlbbi, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Can't install any windows updates.

There were 2 windows update available one is for my printer and one is for windows defender . So i tried to update and while installing the printer update there was an error, so i cannot update the other one. I searched online and someone said to go to device manager and uninstall the printer i did that and restarted and when i tried to update it still installs the printer update tus causing an error.( error code : 0x800f024b )

submitted by /u/kntlbbi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kntlbbi, Sep 28, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 28, 2020
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 28, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Can't install any windows updates.

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Can't install any windows updates.

1. Can't install any windows updates. - Similar Threads - Can't install updates

2. Windows isn't installed any updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows isn't installed any updates: Hi, Can anyone help me with the error of 0*80070006 in window 10, Os build 10943.1202 version 21H1. My windows isn't Installed any updates. Whenever I tried to install it gives an error and prompt to retry.Though in my start menu sleep option is removed it's not showing even...
  3. Can't install any windows updates

Can't install any windows updates: Hello,I've been stuck trying to update my windows 20h2 and 21h1 both aren't working whatsoever, tried looking up things to do and have tried about 12-15 times by nowUpdating from the updates menuMediaCreationToolI've disabled antivirus, firewall, unplugged everything except...
  4. Can't update any software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update any software: Windows updated a few days ago. Ever since, I have been unable to install or update any software. Software I've tried to install/udpate: - Ultimaker Cura - Davinci Resolve - World of Warcraft - Chitubox All give a similar error that they can't write to the hard disk without...
  5. Can't install any Windows updates

Can't install any Windows updates: Hey, it's been a while since I updated .NET Framework and 1 game kinda required it to run properly, so I tried to download it, and yeah it failed with the msg 'Catastophic Failure'. Well I started to investigate, use some solutions on the internet and stuff. I also noticed...
  6. Can't install any drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install any drivers: Windows Update gives 0x800f0246 when installing drivers. Device Manager says "Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them." when installing drivers. Manufacturer installers also fails to install drivers. Most...
  7. Windows can't installed on any drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows can't installed on any drive: I can't install windows on any drive .. How could I installed..Please help me out. Thanks.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-installed-on-any-drive/d841e06b-2189-4996-875f-01490a7d1b1f
  8. Can't install any programs or updates on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install any programs or updates on Windows 10: I installed Windows 10 last year and had no problems with it for some while. Recently it's stopped allowing me to install any updates (i.e. Flash) or new software. It comes up with a pop-up box as below. There is a post in a Microsoft forum which suggests a possible fix - see...
  9. I can't install windows on to any partitions

I can't install windows on to any partitions: Guys can anyone solve the issue of mine ....? I can't install windows on to any partitions as it says it is readonly ...when i use diskpart it show the attributes readonly and current state readonly as "no" when I clear the attributes it returns an error cannot reset...
  10. Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10: Hi I had tried almost every possible ways posted such as enable/disable firewalls, etc in order to drag and drop to install a font in windows 10. All I got is something like a 'not a valid font' always. This is a brand new windows 10 and I wonder if there will be a patch/fix...