Windows 10: Can't install anything/give permissions to anything

Discus and support Can't install anything/give permissions to anything in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So recently my PC ran into an issue where everytime i want to install a program or otherwise give a program permissions to modify my computer, i can't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MysteryMaster, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Can't install anything/give permissions to anything

So recently my PC ran into an issue where everytime i want to install a program or otherwise give a program permissions to modify my computer, i can't grant it permissions.
    What USED to happen is that windows would do its normal thing of graying the screen and giving me the prompt asking "do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?", and i used to be able to just hit the "yes" button.

Seemingly out of nowhere, windows is now demanding an admin username/password which i dont ever remember setting up in the first place, and its not even giving me a text field to enter this stuff in.

Can't install anything/give permissions to anything 5ab36692-a9a3-4b06-a4de-193cbcdb6390?upload=true.jpg

As i stated before, i previously DID NOT have to enter ANYTHING.
    There is only ONE account on this computer, and its the one im currently using.

Out of seemingly random, Windows has locked me out of giving ANYTHING permission to modify anything.

Can't install anything/give permissions to anything 9ae79954-f709-441b-bc78-9cbbb6e168f2?upload=true.png

These are security permissions for a random item on my desktop. As you can see, i am STILL considered an admin on this computer, yet Windows doesn't give me an option to enter any admin password which i never needed to do before, so the only option is to click "no".

I can't run any programs that require admin permissions, so downloading some kind of "troubleshooter" won't work.

What is going on? Can i fix this?

:)

MysteryMaster, Mar 15, 2021

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

4. Can't install anything/give permissions to anything

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Can't install anything/give permissions to anything

1. Can't install anything/give permissions to anything - Similar Threads - Can't install anything

2. I can't give anything administrator permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't give anything administrator permission?: It's code 0x8007139f and all the tutorials for fixing it require me to give something administrator. I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-give-anything-administrator-permission/b7edc781-456d-4235-b3aa-f346cc33c3fc
  3. I can't give anything administrator permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't give anything administrator permission?: It's code 0x8007139f and all the tutorials for fixing it require me to give something administrator. I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-give-anything-administrator-permission/b7edc781-456d-4235-b3aa-f346cc33c3fc
  4. I can't give anything administrator permission?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't purchase anything without "adult permission"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't purchase anything without "adult permission": I'm 19 years old and despite not being included in the family group, I need to get permission from a parent to purchase anything. The email is sent to my mom, but she insists I'm not in the family group. Is there any way of finding out what's happening and how to fix it?...
  6. Can't purchase anything without "adult permission"

Can't purchase anything without "adult permission": I'm 19 years old and despite not being included in the family group, I need to get permission from a parent to purchase anything. The email is sent to my mom, but she insists I'm not in the family group. Is there any way of finding out what's happening and how to fix it?...
  7. No permissions to do anything... and I mean anything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No permissions to do anything... and I mean anything.: At a random point yesterday, I noticed my PC Windows 10 stopped opening files. It was stalling and then giving me the error message "you have not got permissions to access..." as well as "there are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper". I went on to check...
  8. I can't install anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't install anything.: When I install something like PUBG LITE,it cames out "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible.Please select another."I don't even see theinstallation manual option.It seems like it has chosen a default drive for me but it's not available...
  9. I can't install anything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install anything.: I got my Microsoft Surface laptop last week and even from the beginning after I started to set it up, it acted weird. It wouldn't let me install anything from the app store, so I upgraded to Windows 10 S and that still wouldn't work. I can't use anything in the app store at...
  10. Help! Can't install anything

Help! Can't install anything: Just tried installing LibreOffice, Almost installed then it started rolling back. Said... Virus & Threat Protection Unauthorized Changes Blocked Controlled Folder Access Blocked So I turned off Windows Defender and tried again. Same message. Tried Safe Mode...No Windows...