Windows 10: can't install anything in my computer

Discus and support can't install anything in my computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello. I downloaded a software that had about 8 GB and when I installed it (I installed in drive D ) I saw it's actually installed on drive C! and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SideswipeClassic Gamer, Apr 1, 2019.

1. can't install anything in my computer

hello.

I downloaded a software that had about 8 GB and when I installed it (I installed in drive D ) I saw it's actually installed on drive C! and when I searched for it's folder name it wasn't on my computer, but all the 8 GBs was on my drive C! I thought maybe it just didn't installed completely (my computer teacher said this as well). so, I downloaded a light software and installed it in my drive F and it happened again! all the software was installed on my drive C and there wasn't any folders of it in my whole computer! I have an antivirus that it makes shortcuts for programs that doesn't have shortcuts, this thing is not temporary but when I restart or shut down my computer the shortcut is not working any more! I looked for these softwares in my registry and I didn't find anything. but why the whole size of these programs is on my drive C?! can anyone help me about this?! what's the problem?! it wasn't like this before!

:)

SideswipeClassic Gamer, Apr 1, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

can't install anything in my computer

Old HP computer...Will Vista install/run?

If it's not your own business here is my suggestion.

1) Tell him it's not viable and charge him $200
    2) Move up here to WI
    3) Start a business with me doing network installations
    4) We make enough money to take vacations to the Caribbean when we want.
    5) We send the people with computer problems to Geek Squad and still charge them for our "assessment" time.
    6) We have regular Board of Director meeting that involve copious amounts of beer and Prime Rib.
    7) Repeat steps 4 through 6 until we only have to do steps 4 and 6

Sound good? *Wink can't install anything in my computer ;)

Kreij, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

can't install anything in my computer

1. can't install anything in my computer - Similar Threads - can't install anything

2. I can't download anything on to my new computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything on to my new computer.: I'm trying to download Google Chrome and other applications from the internet, but it keeps giving an error message saying "to help protect your PC, we suggest you get a Microsoft-verified app." Is there any way to bypass this?...
  3. I can't download anything on to my new computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download anything on to my new computer.: I'm trying to download Google Chrome and other applications from the internet, but it keeps giving an error message saying "to help protect your PC, we suggest you get a Microsoft-verified app." Is there any way to bypass this?...
  4. Can't remove or install anything.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove or install anything.: Hey,I cant install or remove things, it always writes "the requested operation requires elevation", and asks for a face recognition.After it approves my face it keep asking it again and again. I tried to remove the face recognition and it does the same thing as the video,...
  5. Can't install anything/give permissions to anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't install anything/give permissions to anything: So recently my PC ran into an issue where everytime i want to install a program or otherwise give a program permissions to modify my computer, i can't grant it permissions. What USED to happen is that windows would do its normal thing of graying the screen and giving me the...
  6. My Microsoft Store can't install anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Microsoft Store can't install anything: It said my Windows Update is disabled. I have try many times to enable it but still the same result. My Windows Update also keep loading for a long times. Can any one know what is going on? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. I can't hear anything on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't hear anything on my computer: About 2 days ago, I was playing music and then I accidentally unplugged the computer, and now I can't hear anything on the computer. Please let me know if you know the solution....
  8. I can't install anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't install anything.: When I install something like PUBG LITE,it cames out "The drive or UNC share you selected does not exist or is not accessible.Please select another."I don't even see theinstallation manual option.It seems like it has chosen a default drive for me but it's not available...
  9. I can't install anything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install anything.: I got my Microsoft Surface laptop last week and even from the beginning after I started to set it up, it acted weird. It wouldn't let me install anything from the app store, so I upgraded to Windows 10 S and that still wouldn't work. I can't use anything in the app store at...
  10. Help! Can't install anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Can't install anything: Just tried installing LibreOffice, Almost installed then it started rolling back. Said... Virus & Threat Protection Unauthorized Changes Blocked Controlled Folder Access Blocked So I turned off Windows Defender and tried again. Same message. Tried Safe Mode...No Windows...