Windows 10: Can't install app - browser issue

Discus and support Can't install app - browser issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to install an app from a vendor that uses a d/l asst. I click the asst, and am bright to a page to sign in. I successfully sign in,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by riffwraith, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Can't install app - browser issue

Hi

I am trying to install an app from a vendor that uses a d/l asst.

I click the asst, and am bright to a page to sign in. I successfully sign in, and I see a message in Edge (this is the vendor's message) saying I must authorize Edge to d/l the app. MS then throws a blue error message at me, asking if I meant to switch apps. Which makes no sense whatsoever. I click yes, and nothing happens. I refresh, and then I click no, and nothing happens.

And this is where I am stuck. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

:)

riffwraith, Nov 20, 2020

2. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't install app - browser issue :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Can't install app - browser issue

defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't install app - browser issue

1. Can't install app - browser issue - Similar Threads - Can't install app

2. Installing App Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing App Issues: I accidently uninstalled the Microsoft sticky note app. When I went to the Microsoft app store to reinstall it, I will not download. I have hit the install button and nothing happens....
  3. Browser issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser issue: My browser says "managed by your organization" but this is wrong as it's my own laptop. I don't even work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-issue/f61577b5-ea54-42d2-904c-693f78c275bb
  4. Troubleshoot Issue and Can't Install Apps

Troubleshoot Issue and Can't Install Apps: New HP computer with Windows 10, version 2004: Checked Troubleshooter and saw error message in RED letters: "Could not run on 7/9/2020. Critical Trouble shooter." What should I do? Cannot install any apps from Microsoft Store. As soon as I hit "Install" they come back with...
  5. Browser issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser issues: Hello there. I have recently reset my computer, reinstalling windows 10. I have chosen the option qhere everything is wiped out in the process. Now that i am back, only microsoft Edge will access the internet. Neither Chrome or Firefoz will. Why is that and how can i...
  6. Browser Issues . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Browser Issues . . .: The browsers, I have, are. Ice Dragon, Firefox, Chrome. And, I just added Opera. They all, work fine. Except for Opera. But Opera, has some nice features. So, I'd like to. Work, things out. After installing, Opera. It became, the default browser?? I use Yahoo mail....
  7. App installation issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App installation issues: Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me with an issue I am having. I have been trying to download the lightroom app on my computer but it won't let me install. It says, "where do you want to install? It looks like you don't have an applicable device linked to your...
  8. Browser Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser Issue: I did a system restore and now when I click on a link either sent in an email, or on the internet, nothing happens. I am unable to open the link. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-issue/cce2d764-3c4e-4c64-9be9-6e015590b2ef
  9. Can't open soundcloud in any browser or App

Can't open soundcloud in any browser or App: Soundcloud isn't working on my pc, nither App nor the site is opening. Please help thanks in advance[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-soundcloud-in-any-browser-or-app/8bf70e93-d0e6-4ea8-afea-284b64179576
  10. Microsoft Edge Browser "This app can't open"

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Browser "This app can't open": Hi, When I try to open Microsoft Edge browser I get an error message saying "This app can't open A problem with windows is preventing Microsoft Edge from opening. Refreshing your PC might help fix it". Also if I try to open a .HTML file I get the same error but when I...