Windows 10: Can't install app - browser issue

Discus and support Can't install app - browser issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to install an app from a vendor that uses a d/l asst. I click the asst, and am bright to a page to sign in. I successfully sign in,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by riffwraith, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Can't install app - browser issue

Hi

I am trying to install an app from a vendor that uses a d/l asst.

I click the asst, and am bright to a page to sign in. I successfully sign in, and I see a message in Edge (this is the vendor's message) saying I must authorize Edge to d/l the app. MS then throws a blue error message at me, asking if I meant to switch apps. Which makes no sense whatsoever. I click yes, and nothing happens. I refresh, and then I click no, and nothing happens.

And this is where I am stuck. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

:)

riffwraith, Nov 20, 2020

2. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't install app - browser issue :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Can't install app - browser issue

defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't install app - browser issue

1. Can't install app - browser issue - Similar Threads - Can't install app

2. Can't install Respondus Lockdown browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Respondus Lockdown browser: Hi,After successful download of Respondus Lockdown browser and clicking on open the file, it can't install without notifying anything. I have tried to turn off firewall defender and antivirus software, but it can't help.My window version: Windows 10 Home Single Language...
  3. Can't install Respondus Lockdown browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Respondus Lockdown browser: Hi,After successful download of Respondus Lockdown browser and clicking on open the file, it can't install without notifying anything. I have tried to turn off firewall defender and antivirus software, but it can't help.My window version: Windows 10 Home Single Language...
  4. Can't install Respondus Lockdown browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Ethernet Issue working in apps but not on browser or cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Issue working in apps but not on browser or cmd: Hello community well i am asking weird problem may be its simple one for some but i tried all the regular methods on internet to troubleshoot this issue but i don't know what cause it i think its an update so the issue is when i connected through wired connection my apps like...
  6. Ethernet Issue working in apps but not on browser or cmd

Ethernet Issue working in apps but not on browser or cmd: Hello community well i am asking weird problem may be its simple one for some but i tried all the regular methods on internet to troubleshoot this issue but i don't know what cause it i think its an update so the issue is when i connected through wired connection my apps like...
  7. Ethernet Issue working in apps but not on browser or cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Firefox browser constant app signin issues

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox browser constant app signin issues: I am trying to use other browsers than Chrome. I have installed FF but every app I use, needs a new sign-in each time I go to their link. I hope this is the right place for this post. Thanks. v20H2-19042.804 180409
  9. facing issue in app and browser controls setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    facing issue in app and browser controls setting: i am getting why i am receiving the notification of potentially unwanted app found in my window security... please help to solve my problem.... even UTORRENT app was creating problem so i delete that app but still i am getting that problem also told me how to remove...
  10. Troubleshoot Issue and Can't Install Apps

Troubleshoot Issue and Can't Install Apps: New HP computer with Windows 10, version 2004: Checked Troubleshooter and saw error message in RED letters: "Could not run on 7/9/2020. Critical Trouble shooter." What should I do? Cannot install any apps from Microsoft Store. As soon as I hit "Install" they come back with...