Windows 10: Can't install app on Windows 10 from Microsoft store

Discus and support Can't install app on Windows 10 from Microsoft store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing an issue with Windows 10 on Surface Pro 6 like many others seem to face. Unfortunately and despite many posts on the topic, I have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by toff., Dec 30, 2018.

1. toff. Win User

Can't install app on Windows 10 from Microsoft store

Hi,

I am facing an issue with Windows 10 on Surface Pro 6 like many others seem to face. Unfortunately and despite many posts on the topic, I have failed so far to find a solution.

When trying to install the app “Amazon Video UK” on my Surface, I get the well known message “It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account”.

I am trying to install this app over accessing it through the web to be able to download content to watch offline.

1. The app is accessible here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/amazon-video-uk/9nhrlph6ffct?wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivotCan't install app on Windows 10 from Microsoft store :eek:verviewtab

2. The Surface is currently logged in with my Microsoft account

3. The same account is used to register my Surface (https://account.microsoft.com/devices)

4. The Surface is fully updated with the latest hotfixes available

5. The app I am trying to install is fully compatible with Windows 10

6. I am currently logged in the UK and do not use a VPN

7. I can reproduce the problem on a second laptop running Windows 10

8. I am aware I have an alternative using Bluestacks but I would prefer running the native app on Windows 10 instead

9. Same problem happens with the US app “Amazon Prime Video US”

10. Because there are 100s of reviews for both UK and US app, I would assume this app works fine and the problem is with my account?

Any help would be appreciated ��

Thanks

Christophe

:)

toff., Dec 30, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 30, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Can't install app on Windows 10 from Microsoft store

Windows 10 installing progs

It's Microsoft pushing Apps from their Windows Store whether you want them or not. Even on a clean install you will have pending installation of Apps in the Tiles section (A great App awaits) when you click on the Start Menu. Same for me on Windows 10 Professional, ended up with Twitter, Facebook, Candy Crush, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and some others I'm forgetting the name of. Facebook is a new one.

biffzinker, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Can't install app on Windows 10 from Microsoft store

1. Can't install app on Windows 10 from Microsoft store - Similar Threads - Can't install app

2. Can't install app from microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install app from microsoft store.: I installed Asphalt 8 from ms store 3 days earlier. Everything was fine.But one day the game files became corrupted . So I uninstalled asphalt 8 from start menu but the app icon is still there. Then I try to again download it from ms store but after downloading it fails to...
  3. Can't install app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install app from microsoft store.: I installed Asphalt 8 from ms store 3 days earlier. Everything was fine.But one day the game files became corrupted . So I uninstalled asphalt 8 from start menu but the app icon is still there. Then I try to again download it from ms store but after downloading it fails to...
  4. Can't install app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't install apps from Microsoft Store

Can't install apps from Microsoft Store: Everytime i try downloading an app from the Microsoft Store it shows me something happened on our end i can't download any new appError Code is 0x800B010FI tried restarting my PC many times as well i tried Reseting the store but nothing worked any idea ?...
  6. Can't install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps from Microsoft Store: Everytime i try downloading an app from the Microsoft Store it shows me something happened on our end i can't download any new appError Code is 0x800B010FI tried restarting my PC many times as well i tried Reseting the store but nothing worked any idea ?...
  7. Can't install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't Install App from Microsoft Store

Can't Install App from Microsoft Store: So whenever i try to download any app from the Microsoft Store the error 0×800B010F shows up any tips how to fix this I've tried the Troubleshooter but nothing solved any idea how to fix this I've been stuck on this error for like 7 months...
  9. Can't install apps from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install apps from Microsoft store: I updated a few days ago and then installed a new/fresh copy of Windows 10(stupid I know). My laptop has win10 home version installed so basically I just reset my PC. I tried to install the messenger app on my desktop and it says: Something unexpected happened. Reporting...
  10. Can't install an app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install an app from Microsoft Store: Hello All, I am trying to install Smartthings app from Microsoft Store and all I see is "Wish list" button instead of downloads: [ATTACH] When I go to "System requirements" section I see: [ATTACH] And what I have is: [ATTACH] So, while writing this...