Windows 10: Can't install application from outside, Only from store only possible.

Discus and support Can't install application from outside, Only from store only possible. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello.., In my Windows 10s laptop I cannot install application from outside, that means cannot install from USB, only from Windows store is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by muhammed safafv, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Can't install application from outside, Only from store only possible.

Hello..,

In my Windows 10s laptop I cannot install application from outside, that means cannot install from USB, only from Windows store is available. I have searched for a solution , in that solutions it is saying there is an option (settings->Apps->Apps&features ) to change from '' Allows apps from the store only'' to '' Allows Apps from anywhere'' , But I couldn't find that option in my windows edition. My windows edition is "Windows 10 S''. Is there any other solution for this problem?... Please help me..

:)

muhammed safafv, Sep 5, 2018

2. can,t install apps from outside of store

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are facing issue while installing programs outside the store.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• What happens when you try to install the apps?
    • Is this issue specific to any particular app?
    • Do you get any error message/ error code while installing the apps?

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run Program Compatibility troubleshooter:

Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.

a) Press Windows key + X key and select Control Panel.

b)Select“Troubleshooting”

c) In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on
    “View All” on the left pane.

d) Click on Program Compatibility troubleshooter”.

e) Click on “Advanced” and then click on
    “Run as Administrator”.

f) Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2: Try to install the apps in clean boot state:

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

Refer: How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Can't install application from outside, Only from store only possible.

Store

Hi,

A corrupted Windows Store cache is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to see some applications in the store. With that, we suggest that you run the
    Windows App Troubleshooter to repair or scan an applications from the Windows Store.

If the above steps didn't work for you, we then recommend that you perform
    Windows Store Reset
    . To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click OK.

Note: The WSReset tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Julie Ram, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't install application from outside, Only from store only possible.

1. Can't install application from outside, Only from store only possible. - Similar Threads - Can't install application

2. Can't install application from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install application from Microsoft Store.: I need to install GlideX application from Microsoft Store, when i click install, it download its and then says: "There has been an error".In details error code is Code: 0x80073CF6I tried reseting microsoft store application with MSReset, reinstalling it though with the same...
  3. Can't install application from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install application from Microsoft Store.: I need to install GlideX application from Microsoft Store, when i click install, it download its and then says: "There has been an error".In details error code is Code: 0x80073CF6I tried reseting microsoft store application with MSReset, reinstalling it though with the same...
  4. iTunes installed from Microsoft Store and only accessible through that

iTunes installed from Microsoft Store and only accessible through that: I have a brand new version of windows 10 installed along with all updates. I downloaded iTunes via the app store. The app will launch and I signed into my apple account. However, iTunes does not show up on my start menu nor is there a desktop shortcut. The only way I can...
  5. Applications from outside of the Microsoft Store won't download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications from outside of the Microsoft Store won't download.: I tried downloading applications from outside of the Microsoft App Store recently, and when trying to install anything, it gives me something along the lines of "the windows installer service could not be accessed". I've already looked online, rebooted my system, ran through...
  6. Applications from outside of the Microsoft Store won't download.

Applications from outside of the Microsoft Store won't download.: I tried downloading applications from outside of the Microsoft App Store recently, and when trying to install anything, it gives me something along the lines of "the windows installer service could not be accessed". I've already looked online, rebooted my system, ran through...
  7. Not able to install apps from outside microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to install apps from outside microsoft store: My laptop is not running in S mode, I am using windows 10 home single language, whenever i try to install any app the windows prompt the window that you need to update, I have updated several times but still my problem is not solved....
  8. installing apps only from windows store ... Can't turn off!

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing apps only from windows store ... Can't turn off!: Hi, I have a student that is attempting to download software she needs for my class. When she tries to install it, the Microsoft Store pops up. She is using Windows 10, as am I. I was able to find where to change this to "install from anywhere" on my computer. [ATTACH]...
  9. Can't install application from Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install application from Windows Store: I've recently subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, hoping to install sea of theives on my PC. Opening the microsoft store I was able to click on the install button, but after clicking on it, and selecting the drive I wanted to install it on, the window just closes and I'm...
  10. Can only Print from outside Notepad and Wordpad--only from outside

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can only Print from outside Notepad and Wordpad--only from outside: I can print a Notepad/Wordpad document by rightclicking on it and selecting Print, but when I select Print from within documents, I get an error: An error has occurred during this operation. Looked at all available online info--did not find this particular problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant install application outside the store

2. cant install outside store