Windows 10: Can't install applications

Discus and support Can't install applications in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I just purchased a Dell Inspiron for school and I've spent most of the day updating it and as of a couple hours ago the laptop is up to date. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JagenIsMyDad, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Can't install applications

Hi I just purchased a Dell Inspiron for school and I've spent most of the day updating it and as of a couple hours ago the laptop is up to date.

The specs on it are an Intel i7 8th gen, GeForce XM150, and 16 gigs of ram with a 256 SSD.

I started to install my essential programs like Google Chrome, Steam, Discord, and attempting to see how well Valorant can run on it.

My issue is that when attempting to install programs it tells me that Windows Defender can't scan the files because I'm not connected to the internet, but I can very clearly use Microsoft Edge and watch YouTube videos. When I disabled Windows Scan, for example Valorant keeps saying it can't connect to the riot servers, and Steam can't connect to its servers, but Microsoft edge still works. In addition Chrome was working normally at one point but now acts like I'm not connected to the internet, and once again the pre-installed apps still work. Another note is that I can't install the NVIDIA graphics drivers, everytime I attempt I get an error.

Whats going on? Also sorry for formatting, on mobile.

submitted by /u/JagenIsMyDad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JagenIsMyDad, Sep 10, 2020
  2. 0pTicaL Win User

"Application Install install package failure!" while installing 13.9

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and MSI 6970 Lightning.

I was upgrading from 13.4 after I did a clean uninstall with AMD Catalyst Install Manager.

Doesn't say what installation failed in the install log. Everything in the log says Success but at the very bottom it says "Application Install: install package failure!" but doesn't say what failed to install.

I only install video drivers and no CCC.

The only thing I noticed is AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed in my programs list.

0pTicaL, Sep 10, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Can't install applications

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't install applications

1. Can't install applications - Similar Threads - Can't install applications

2. I Can't Install Microsoft Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't Install Microsoft Applications: Recently i've went from Windows 11 to Windows 10, on Windows 11 I was able to download any applications from the Microsoft Store, but now that I have downgraded to Windows 10 i can't download applications, updates netheir, i tried to install Netflix but it got stuck on the...
  3. I Can't Install Microsoft Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't Install Microsoft Applications: Recently i've went from Windows 11 to Windows 10, on Windows 11 I was able to download any applications from the Microsoft Store, but now that I have downgraded to Windows 10 i can't download applications, updates netheir, i tried to install Netflix but it got stuck on the...
  4. Can't install or download exe application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  5. Can't install or download exe application

Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  6. Can't install applications on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install applications on Microsoft Store: I have Windows 10 Home on a Dell Optiplex 990, and I cannot install any apps from Microsoft StoreWhen trying to download something, it will think for a few seconds, then provide me with "Something went wrong on our end." The error code is 0x00000000.Trying to retry the...
  7. Can't install applications on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install applications on Microsoft Store: I have Windows 10 Home on a Dell Optiplex 990, and I cannot install any apps from Microsoft StoreWhen trying to download something, it will think for a few seconds, then provide me with "Something went wrong on our end." The error code is 0x00000000.Trying to retry the...
  8. Can't install applications on Microsoft Store

9. Microsoft can't install applications

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft can't install applications: Whenever I try to install any application on the Microsoft store when I put my mouse cursor over the install button it turns into a red cross and won't let me click. This happens with every app. I tried installing Minecraft witch I own and it won't let me and it also won't...
  10. Can't find installed application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find installed application: Hi, I had installed Alteryx on my system yesterday. After the installation process, the application opened up and I used it for some time. After shutting down the application, it seems to have disappeared from my system. I am not able to find it in the Start button option...