Windows 10: Can't install apps on newly partitioned HDD

Discus and support Can't install apps on newly partitioned HDD in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I got my pc about 3 months ago for school and there were a number of applications they suggested we download. I have a 220 GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. As... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Kolby M., Oct 20, 2020.

1. Kolby M. Win User

Can't install apps on newly partitioned HDD

So I got my pc about 3 months ago for school and there were a number of applications they suggested we download. I have a 220 GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. As expected, I quickly started to run out of space on my SSD where my bootup files were stored along with most my other data. I went to my storage settings and set my E: drive to have all new data and apps to store there instead of my C: drive. But new data still continues to save to my C: drive and my PC crashes at least twice a day.. I need help bad for anyone who can assist me. I am attaching two screenshots, one of my partitioned drives and another of me trying to download itunes on my pc and the C: is the only drive it is allowing me to save it in.

Can't install apps on newly partitioned HDD 467d3418-1687-42e0-a2b8-2b10e9ff4ab1?upload=true.png Can't install apps on newly partitioned HDD 1b90bade-22e9-4de9-90c5-6f77d7ce9188?upload=true.png

:)

Kolby M., Oct 20, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 20, 2020
  3. DeNeDe Win User
    HDD partitions format

Used a tool from the list and it worked..
    Install won't start if windows can't recognize the partitions.

DeNeDe, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Can't install apps on newly partitioned HDD

Unresponsive HDD Partition.

I somehow managed to format the partition & its now unallocated space. Now, I cant create a new partition neither I can allocated that free space to other Partition. Can you suggest a way to repair that space in HDD?

-Thanks

ShehrozKhan1, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't install apps on newly partitioned HDD

1. Can't install apps on newly partitioned HDD - Similar Threads - Can't install apps

2. install w10 in a hdd partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install w10 in a hdd partition: how to install w10 in a hdd partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-w10-in-a-hdd-partition/d91c95f8-11c8-44b4-9bba-fb79ee563776
  3. Clean Windows 10 Installation on newly formatted replacement HDD

Clean Windows 10 Installation on newly formatted replacement HDD: Had a problem with existing HDD installation affecting the MBR. Purchased a new HDD and formatted resulting in an E: drive letter. Will installing using windows10.iso result in the installation's replacing the E: with C:?...
  4. 16MB partition on newly installed non OS drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    16MB partition on newly installed non OS drive?: Does anyone happen to know why Macrium Reflect shows my Crucial MX500 as having a 16MB partition when none of my other drives do with the exception of my OS drive? Conversely the partition in question doesn't appear Disk Management. Screenshot-2021-04-04-175902 — ImgBB 177125
  5. Windows defaults to old HDD instead of newly installed SSD

Windows defaults to old HDD instead of newly installed SSD: Hi, I switched out my old HDD Western Digital 750GB and installed a new SSD SanDisk 500GB into my Windows 10 i7 ASUS laptop. It worked a treat speeding up boot times from about 2 minutes to less than 15 seconds. Super! I decided to reuse the old HDD by removing the...
  6. HDD & Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD & Partition: Hello, I have two internal HDD on my PC. So can I combine two HDD to one partition ? Can I know Pros and Cons of combining like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-partition/10ea9c37-41dd-47cd-ac5e-2541c2ebb4ed
  7. Is it safe to install MalwareBytes on the D: partition of HDD?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to install MalwareBytes on the D: partition of HDD?: I have a small SSD. For programs where speed is not essential, I install these on the D: partition of my HDD. Does it cause problems if I install MalwareBytes on D: ? It's the paid version. I plan to do a simple uninstall, followed by an install of the latest version....
  8. 11 partitions on HDD after clean install

11 partitions on HDD after clean install: I did a clean install on my daughters old laptop (Lenovo G580) and after looking into disk management there are 11 partitions on the HDD. Can anyone tell me why so many and if I can delete them. The laptop is 7 years old so way out of warranty and she never uses any of the...
  9. 11 partitions on HDD after clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    11 partitions on HDD after clean install: I did a clean install on my daughters old laptop (Lenovo G580) and after looking into disk management there are 11 partitions on the HDD. Can anyone tell me why so many and if I can delete them. The laptop is 7 years old so way out of warranty and she never uses any of the...
  10. Clean install on a HDD with multiple partitions

Clean install on a HDD with multiple partitions: I want to re install windows 10 on my laptop [img] How can I keep my D: and E: partitions? Do i just delete the other 4 including C: where windows is installed and make a new 1 and install windows there? 111289