Windows 10: Can't install Defender definition updates...

Discus and support Can't install Defender definition updates... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello folks, As from this morning it seems again something wrong with Windows Updates, particularly with the definition updates. Have already many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ivan Petrov, May 4, 2021.

1. Can't install Defender definition updates...

Hello folks, As from this morning it seems again something wrong with Windows Updates, particularly with the definition updates. Have already many attepts but seems it doesn't work - error and finally not installing. What is going on here, I have never seen my system not to be able to update its own Defender definitions. Any advices will be appreciated.

:)

Ivan Petrov, May 4, 2021
  2. FredWall Win User

Windows Defender Definition Updates.

Thank you Elba for the prompt reply. However, there is a problem: In "Control Panel" under the "Programs and Features" page > "View Installed Updates" the " Windows Defender Definition Updates" are NOT listed. Consequently, I cannot delete/uninstall them.
    The same thing happens when I use "Settings" >" Updates & Security" > "View Update History". Here the Definition Updates are all listed but I can't uninstall them either. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again, Fred

FredWall, May 4, 2021
  3. MimiDee Win User
    Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.239.1678.0)

I have tried several times to install the Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.239.1678.0) and it will not update. Suggestions? Anyone else having the same issue?

MimiDee, May 4, 2021
  4. Can't install Defender definition updates...

Windows Defender Definition Updates.

You should not uninstall Windows Defender Definition updates, they are installed to protect your computer from malicious threats. Please leave them alone.

You update history will list previous definitions and updates that were installed, thats normal.

Andre for Directly, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Can't install Defender definition updates...

1. Can't install Defender definition updates... - Similar Threads - Can't install Defender

2. Defender - UPDATE DEFINITIONS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender - UPDATE DEFINITIONS: For well over a year now, Defender has not auto-updated Definitions. I must manually select Update Definitions. Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thank you....
  3. SCCM can't download Defender Definition updates

SCCM can't download Defender Definition updates: Hi all, I was trying to configure SCCM server which will be managing Windows Defender. For some reason the Definition files are not visible neither in the SCCM console nor the WSUS server. All other type of engine updates for Defender are there but I can't find the...
  4. Definition update could not be installed Definition update for Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Definition update could not be installed Definition update for Windows Defender Antivirus: Error installing - 0x8024000b My PC is up to date. Dell Inspiron 24-5459, Intel Core i7-6700T CPU at 2.80 GHz, 12 GB of RAM, 64 bits. Windows 10 home, version 1903 Let me know why it failed and if this update is necessary. If necessary, how to fix the error and install it....
  5. Can't update Defender virus definitions

Can't update Defender virus definitions: I keep getting the following error if I try to update the virus definitions in Microsoft Security Essentials "The virus and spyware definitions didn't update (Date and Time) because of an internet or network connectivity problem. If I try to update through windows update I...
  6. windows defender definition update failed to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows defender definition update failed to install: windows defender definition update failed to install error 0x80240017 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-definition-update-failed-to/7def191d-6c16-4c4f-bc87-773c82d5adbd
  7. definition updates for defender

definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  8. definition updates for defender

in Windows 10 Support
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  9. Updating Defender Definitions.

Updating Defender Definitions.: can't update the definition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/updating-defender-definitions/01d2f8f4-51bd-48f3-b7d7-03f00f5c959d
  10. I can't update Windows Defender definitions

I can't update Windows Defender definitions: Hello, yesterday I have downloaded and run a program, which, I guess, have turned out to be a virus. There showed up a notification, that Windows Defender is turned off and I should turn if on. When I have clicked on this, Windows Defender Security Center showed up and there...