Windows 10: Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc

Discus and support Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was gifted Torchlight III to play on my pc. I downloaded the game to my xbox app but can't install it. A pop up says We'll install this game to a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jennifer Johnson3, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc

I was gifted Torchlight III to play on my pc. I downloaded the game to my xbox app but can't install it. A pop up says We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location. c: Unknown available. The install button is also blacked out and can't be selected. I have enough storage. I have updated everything. I have tried many other things that I have found in the community support but am not tech savvy enough to even know what they were lol. Please help!

:)

Jennifer Johnson3, Dec 6, 2022
  2. AaronBe Win User

Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

Hi there,

I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games (Sea of Theives, Moonlighter) with no issue, but others (such as no mans sky) either do nothing (when trying in microsoft
    app) or Error code 0x00000001 (Xbox store).

Steps I have done to troubleshoot:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled both stores

2. Reparied and reset both apps from apps settings

3. Uninstalled Xbox app and tried to download from microsoft store

4. Went into services and ensured all xbox services are running

- I have 2 instances of Gaming services. One is running and the other gives error code 31 when trying to start it

5. I have reset gaming services and the app downloader from settings

6. I have restarted my pc many times

7. I have fully updated windows

8. I have peformed a repair install of windows

Nothing works. All other forms and questions I have seen only seem to generate the generic responses of

1. Restart your PC

2. Reset the app

3. Update windows

4. Repair install

I have followed all of these steps and still cannot properly access services. Can you please suggest any other approaches to fixing this error?

Many thanks,

Aaron

AaronBe, Dec 6, 2022
  3. Downloaded a Redeemed game.

Hi HEggens,

To better help you with your concern, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

Method 1: How to find games and game content after you redeem a code online on Xbox One

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to return to the Home screen.
    • Pull the right trigger to scroll down, and then press the A button to select My games & apps.
    • Scroll right to the Ready to Install section.
    • Highlight the game you want to install, press the A button on your controller, and then select Install.
    Method 2: How to install a Game on Windows 10.

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy or install.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

For additional information regarding Xbox Play Anywhere, we suggest that you check out this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc

Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc

1. Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc - Similar Threads - Can't install downloaded

2. Can't download games off Xbox app on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download games off Xbox app on my PC: I just spent the last 2 hours with xbox support. They did a thorough investigation and did all they could and they said it could be an os issue. One of the first things they did was the sfc scannow command twice and it said it found corrupt files but could not repair them. So...
  3. Can't download games off Xbox app on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download games off Xbox app on my PC: I just spent the last 2 hours with xbox support. They did a thorough investigation and did all they could and they said it could be an os issue. One of the first things they did was the sfc scannow command twice and it said it found corrupt files but could not repair them. So...
  4. Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install downloaded game in Xbox app onto my pc: I was gifted Torchlight III to play on my pc. I downloaded the game to my xbox app but can't install it. A pop up says We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected location. c: Unknown available. The install button is also blacked out and can't be selected. I have...
  5. Xbox PC App not downloading games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox PC App not downloading games: i use ethernet and when i use the pc xbox app it doesnt download and i have to use wireless. is this a problem with my pc or is this happening to everyone else aswell?...
  6. Xbox PC App not downloading games

Xbox PC App not downloading games: i use ethernet and when i use the pc xbox app it doesnt download and i have to use wireless. is this a problem with my pc or is this happening to everyone else aswell?...
  7. Can't download xbox games on pc

Can't download xbox games on pc: Hello,I am trying to download Forza 5 on my pc from the Xbox store, it starts to download and then goes to 100% and then says error and doesn't downloadThank you...
  8. Can't download xbox games on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download xbox games on pc: Hello,I am trying to download Forza 5 on my pc from the Xbox store, it starts to download and then goes to 100% and then says error and doesn't downloadThank you...
  9. I can't install games from the xbox app onto my D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't install games from the xbox app onto my D drive: Hi, I have been using the xbox app for almost 2 years now and have never encountered this problem until now. Since I built my pc, I have used my C drive as primary, for my OS to run on. Any additional apps, software, or games I installed on my D drive. Both of my drives are...
  10. Can't install games from Xbox (Beta) onto my PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games from Xbox (Beta) onto my PC: I currently subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate but when attempting to download games to my PC, when over the "Install" button, my mouse cursor changes from an arrow to a red, circular "do not enter" symbol. After clicking on the "..." next to the "Install" button, I choose...