Windows 10: Can't install driver for Realtek RTL8188CU network adapter

Discus and support Can't install driver for Realtek RTL8188CU network adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; got a shiny new adapter dongle to connect to my 5GHz network. i was hoping the adapter dongle would be plug & play, but no such luck. *Sad so i've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pikabun91, Dec 10, 2018.

1. pikabun91 Win User

Can't install driver for Realtek RTL8188CU network adapter

got a shiny new adapter dongle to connect to my 5GHz network. i was hoping the adapter dongle would be plug & play, but no such luck. *Sad so i've tried to install drivers from the cd that came with the adapter (per the instructions), a supposedly newer one from the manufacturer's website, and two others i found that seemed newer. none have made any difference - the dongle is recognized, but will not start, and the PC complains about the driver.

checking the device properties gives me

This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    {Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful.

...and a status of "Driver error". no details, no other information. even the device troubleshooter can't find the problem. i have no idea what to do now. thanks for any help.

:)

pikabun91, Dec 10, 2018

2. Unable to connect to internet using RTL8188CU Realtek Wireless USB Adapter on Windows 10.

Original Title: RTL8188CU Realtek Wireless USB Adapter

I bought a wifi adapter dongle RTL8188CU Realtek Wireless USB Adapter via Aliexpress with whom I have a problem and I can not connect to the Internet.The device is operating normally on windows 7 but with windows 10 can not work.The
    same story is when I try on windows 8.1, is not working.I've tried many types of drivers but it's always the same story. The problem is that it connects to my router, but it shows the SSID reported that there is no internet access. He
    can not obtain an IP address from the router via DHCP. Please note that the Windows 7 device is operating normally, even with the windows drivers. Does anybody can help me?

PeraPeric_623, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Install a driver for your network adapter

Go to the list of network adapters in the control panel, turn of the lan and turn it on again. See if that helps.

Peter1986C, Dec 10, 2018
  4. amaan07 Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Please provide step by step installation of Realtek APO driver and Realtek official driver..

amaan07, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't install driver for Realtek RTL8188CU network adapter - Similar Threads - Can't install driver

2. Faulty Realtek Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty Realtek Network Adapter: I purchased this PC in April 2023, with a USB keyboard and a Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter. Initially, I had network connectivity issues which was because our router was faulty. But after we got a new router, the internet for everyone in the...
  3. Faulty Realtek Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Faulty Realtek Network Adapter: I purchased this PC in April 2023, with a USB keyboard and a Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter. Initially, I had network connectivity issues which was because our router was faulty. But after we got a new router, the internet for everyone in the...
  4. Faulty Realtek Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty Realtek Network Adapter: I purchased this PC in April 2023, which came with a USB keyboard and a Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter. Initially, I had network connectivity issues which was because our router was faulty. But after we got a new router, the internet for...
  5. Installation of Network Adapter driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation of Network Adapter driver: Hello everyone. I recently had some problem with my wifi as it regularly had ping spikes every 5-6 secopnd. I tried Network reset under Network and internet settings. Afterwards my network adapter did not work. It did not show up in Network connections. When checking Device...
  6. Hi i have a rtl8188cu (realtek)

Hi i have a rtl8188cu (realtek): I have windows 10 downloaded and my realtek keeps saying NO WIFI Idk why it does this it says it has the best drivers already???? 163219
  7. Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter Not Being Recognised on...

Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter Not Being Recognised on...: Hello there, Recently i’ve been having problems with Windows 10. My adapter is not being recognised, meaning i cannot connect to the internet on my PC. Hence why i am writing this with an IPhone. I am in need of solutions, I have done so much troubleshooting to the point...
  8. Realtek 8821ae Network Adapter

Realtek 8821ae Network Adapter: Since updates last month my Wi-Fi Network Adapter on start up either doesn't start or if it does start it stops working when I am working. I see that many user of the Realtek 8821ae Network Adapter are having the same problems since microsoft update from Windows 10 1803 to...
  9. Network Adapter Driver not installed?

Network Adapter Driver not installed?: A couple weeks ago, my network adapter started disappearing sporadically (it would be under hidden in the device manager). I got tired of dealing and uninstalled it. Then I got a new copy (idk if its the same or a different but its the same brand-- Intel (R) Dual...
  10. Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN Adapter does not start

Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN Adapter does not start: The adapter works in windows 8.1 but does not start in windows 10. Device manager shows an exclamation mark. Installing a new driver does not work. The device manager tells me the best drivers are already installed. How do I tackle this problem? 29534

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tp link 3200 driver windows 8.1

2. cant install realtek usb adapter

3. Realtek RTL8188CU driver windows 10