Windows 10: Can't install drivers for HP M252dw

Discus and support Can't install drivers for HP M252dw in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed an HP M252dw on our home network several years ago and it's been working fine with no problems. However, after returning from a trip, all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Morettina98, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Can't install drivers for HP M252dw

I installed an HP M252dw on our home network several years ago and it's been working fine with no problems.

However, after returning from a trip, all of a sudden, my Windows10 PC no longer has it installed. After some initial troubleshooting, I decided to uninstall the device and reinstall it. However, no matter how I try to do this - using the HP install software, using Windows 10 add a printer, I can't get it installed. I get fatal errors

The PC sees the printer (when I use the HP Print Doctor software, it can see the printer and its IP address on my network, but it seems to be the installation of the driver that is the problem.

We have other devices in our home that can print to this printer just fine, so we know it's working okay - just this one laptop running Windows 10 that can't see it. When I go into see my devices, it is there, but it says "Driver is unavailable". If I try to run troubleshooting on this device, no solution is found.

I suspect something has happened to my Windows 10 install because the last few times I've tried to update it, it fails and reverts, but I have no idea where to look to solve this. I am using virus protection and have scanned to make sure there's no malware or anything else that could be interfering. I also have administrator privileges.

Any ideas?

:)

Morettina98, Jun 3, 2019
  2. PLSG08 Win User

Re-Installing HP drivers....

Hey guys!

So I just reformatted my Aunt's HP/Compaq Laptop (CQ42-292TX) and now I'm installing the drivers, but it looks like it won't

I've tried downloading and installing the drivers from the HP website, and all of them would just fail. (Even if they finished) Also the Intel driver would just show "This computer does not meet the requirements.." blah blah blah even if there's no driver installed.

the only drivers I need is:

Wi-Fi driver

what I have:
    Graphics Driver (I already have the latest from AMD and Intel...)

the AMD driver would just finish installing but Catalyst won't show up :/

I'll try safe mode

Quick replies and any suggestions are welcome (except setting it to Wumbo)

Thanks!

PLSG08, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    HP Drivers won't install

are you sure they're even relevant? my laptops drivers list heaps of alternate drivers that arent actually for my laptop (EG, intel video drivers, when its got AMD only)

same could be happening with OS version - you're grabbing XP drivers for win7, or a similar mistake with x86/x64

Mussels, Jun 3, 2019
  4. more123 Win User

Can't install drivers for HP M252dw

HP Drivers won't install

Yeh, I think the every HP laptop with a webcam does have a webcam software. This one does have a webcam but the webcam software is of the software that aren't installing.
    By the way I tried 7-zip and I was able to extract the folders but the "install" file won't run.

more123, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Can't install drivers for HP M252dw

1. Can't install drivers for HP M252dw - Similar Threads - Can't install drivers

2. Can't install drivers for HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install drivers for HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw printer: Hi, I have a problem installing a driver on a Windows 11 system. The printer itself is on the local network, is visible to devices and can be added, after which it appears in the list of devices, but without the ability to print and with information about the lack of drivers....
  3. I can't install driver for HP LJ P1102 in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install driver for HP LJ P1102 in Windows 11: Hello,I can't install driver for my printer HP LaserJet P1102 in Windows 11. I downloaded LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution from HP website, but it doesn't work. I get an error during the installation proccess. Who cold help to resolve me this problem?Thanx...
  4. I can't install driver for HP LJ P1102 in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't install driver for HP LJ P1102 in Windows 11: Hello,I can't install driver for my printer HP LaserJet P1102 in Windows 11. I downloaded LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution from HP website, but it doesn't work. I get an error during the installation proccess. Who cold help to resolve me this problem?Thanx...
  5. HP 2700 Not installed Can't install it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 2700 Not installed Can't install it: I just bought a new Printer, HP Deskjet 2755. I went through the steps to install it but it won't PRINT. It came with a power cord ONLY. However, the wireless logo is blinking on the panel. Yes - I have ink installed, check! Yes - the power cord is connected, check! Yes, I...
  6. Can't install drivers

Can't install drivers: I am having this issue for a long time now. Whenever I try to install a driver or update a driver, I get blue screen with 'stop code: power driver state failure'. Not only when installing drivers, but also when I try to restart the laptop or close it via the shut down option....
  7. Unable to install HP Driver

Unable to install HP Driver: I got rid of my old printer and am trying to uninstall the old driver. When ever I try it says only administrators may change drivers, and puts it back. I went into properties and gave myself full permissions for full control and it still won't let me. I am the sole user...
  8. Can't install HP printer driver in Win 10 64

Can't install HP printer driver in Win 10 64: I've uninstalled everything HP I can find on my PC and keep getting the same error message see below Any help would be most welcome folks. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  9. Can't install HP laserjet 1212nfp printer driver

Can't install HP laserjet 1212nfp printer driver: Hello I have an HP laserject pro 1212 nfp printer, I downloaded the driver from HP site. I can not install the driver it starts running and then stops installing without any notification. I tried the computability tool and nothing happed any one can help please Thanks...
  10. can't install drivers

can't install drivers: I'm trying to install this driver for my xbox 360 wireless receiver but this message is always shown [ATTACH] I've tried restarting, checking windows update, moving the usb to other ports. And still nothing. Please help....