Windows 10: Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager

Discus and support Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having an issue where I try to apply a driver to an "Unknown Device" I apply a driver that is Digitally signed it says it updated the device but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Neneyy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Neneyy Win User

Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager

I am having an issue where I try to apply a driver to an "Unknown Device" I apply a driver that is Digitally signed it says it updated the device but when device manager refreshes it still says unknown device as if it was never updated. I tried this on a 2nd computer and it worked but not sure why it's not working on my main pc Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager 08e2d1d2-f714-466e-a573-ed8afa9d52c5?upload=true.png Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager c553133c-9e8c-47aa-b348-7105b03309d7?upload=true.png

:)

Neneyy, Jun 11, 2020

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager [​IMG]

putermaker, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager

1. Can't install drivers for unknown device in device manager - Similar Threads - Can't install drivers

2. Unknown driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown driver in Device Manager: Hi,In device manager of Windows 11 Pro I have unknown device with the following ID: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085 ACPI\INTC1085 *INTC1085 This is the last error after installation of device software. Local ASUS support has not solved the problem yet and escalated it to global...
  3. Unknown driver in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown driver in Device Manager: Hi,In device manager of Windows 11 Pro I have unknown device with the following ID: ACPI\VEN_INTC&DEV_1085 ACPI\INTC1085 *INTC1085 This is the last error after installation of device software. Local ASUS support has not solved the problem yet and escalated it to global...
  4. Intel Tile Device unknown driver in device manager

Intel Tile Device unknown driver in device manager: I was upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 and did a clean installation. After the install in the device manager it appeared an unknown device called Intel Tile Device. It is unsigned but I figured it out that it was part of the Intel Bluetooth. I updated the Bluetooth drivers but...
  5. Intel Tile Device unknown driver in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Tile Device unknown driver in device manager: I was upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 and did a clean installation. After the install in the device manager it appeared an unknown device called Intel Tile Device. It is unsigned but I figured it out that it was part of the Intel Bluetooth. I updated the Bluetooth drivers but...
  6. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  7. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown devices in Device Manager?: The thing is that there are unknown devices in Device Manager.Like the following screenshots.the "Xvd" things, Note: When you activate hidden drivers, There's a lot of them.And the PnP monitors....
  8. Unknown devices in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Unknown device in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown device in device manager: I found an unknown device in device manager. I would like to deactivate it just to be safe as I don't know what it is and I don't seem to need it anyway, but is this the best thing to do? submitted by /u/piisfour [link] [comments]...
  10. unknown device in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unknown device in device manager: Hey guys , I thought I might ask here as I don't seems to be getting a solution on Dells forum . Unknown device ACPI\CPL0002\2&DABA3FF&0 is showing up with a clean install of windows 10 pro on a dell alienware 13 ,2015 model . Any ideas what this is ? Everything is...