Windows 10: Cant install drivers.

Discus and support Cant install drivers. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i am trying to install driver on my pc but i keep receiving the "windows encountered an error" message. Even out of device manager when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by moosemoves, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Cant install drivers.

i am trying to install driver on my pc but i keep receiving the "windows encountered an error" message. Even out of device manager when I try to install nvidia drivers from the geforce experience and get an error as well. Windows keeps telling me everything is up to date when I check for updates but they definitely are not because i have the "!" symbol next to my controller device in device manger and a new driver in my nvidia app. Here are the list of errors/warnings I am receiving in event viewer when trying to install drivers for nvidia and drivers for the use of an xbox controller on windows:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

svchost 4152,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 0xfffffc01 occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

'Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe' install failed for S-1-5-21-2209031173-1405252339-2308628793-1001. Error: 'The system cannot find the file specified.' 0.789928 seconds

Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package Microsoft.GamingServices_1.39.6001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe for user DESKTOP-26SJKH7\conno current status = 0x0, desired status = 0x20.

I have tried to uninstall driver for my xbox controller driver but that doesnt help much because the main issue is it wont let me download the driver.

As well my pc seems to stutter upon first boot up but after a restart is fine. Sometimes the stuttering comes back when I try to download something or just randomly. This all started happening after a recent update of drivers and windows. This is a fairly new computer built less than a year ago. I have done malware sweeps and have found nothing. I have reset windows to its original state. I have redownloaded my bios, and chipset drivers.

:)

moosemoves, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Fox34 Win User

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Cant install drivers.

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Cant install drivers.

1. Cant install drivers. - Similar Threads - Cant install drivers

2. Cant update/ install drivers/ install windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant update/ install drivers/ install windows 11: I tried to redownload GeForce experience after removing it as i couldn't install drivers. I was then met with an error message. From what I was it was most likely caused by needing windows updates. I looked at my updates and was met with a number of updates that failed due to...
  3. Cant update/ install drivers/ install windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update/ install drivers/ install windows 11: I tried to redownload GeForce experience after removing it as i couldn't install drivers. I was then met with an error message. From what I was it was most likely caused by needing windows updates. I looked at my updates and was met with a number of updates that failed due to...
  4. Cant install drivers for network controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install drivers for network controller: So I have this weird issue in which my network controller ethernet has no drivers, so I tried installing drivers from realtek but it didnt work. Does anyone perhaps want to help me?...
  5. Cant install drivers for network controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install drivers for network controller: So I have this weird issue in which my network controller ethernet has no drivers, so I tried installing drivers from realtek but it didnt work. Does anyone perhaps want to help me?...
  6. Cant install drivers for network controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cant install ethernet driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant install ethernet driver: When i try to install the driver i get this error this device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. code 31, i tried installing legacy but then dont work, i've tried windows update and does not work either, when i go into...
  8. Cant install graphic driver.

Cant install graphic driver.: A long time ago there was something going on with my pc windows 7. All the files were converted to adobe. one of my friends repaired it, it updated to windows 10. Recently i accidentally uninstalled my graphic driver that only works for windows 7. Somehow it worked in the...
  9. [help] cant install nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] cant install nvidia drivers: i cant install nvidia gpu drivers in my pc. my pc specs amd a6-6400k msi gt 710 2gb ddr3 8gb ddr3 ram i have normally updating drivers, removed all drivers with ddu still cant install gpu drivers. submitted by /u/sh1b313 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows driver installer finds driver but cant install them.

Windows driver installer finds driver but cant install them.: Im trying to update drivers for a device and when i use the windows auto device driver updater, it finds the drivers but apparently cannot install them. Is there any way to make them install?...