Windows 10: Can't install exe files after download

Discus and support Can't install exe files after download in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Need your help with this and I am not sure exactly what happen with this. Anyway for the last two days I download the files in zip from the Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by imcanadian, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Can't install exe files after download

Need your help with this and I am not sure exactly what happen with this. Anyway for the last two days I download the files in zip from the Internet like one is Majorgeeks (mostly). No problem to download onto downloads folder then unzip the exe file to temporary folder on desktop. Then I am ready to install the exe file with first right click Run as administrator and sometime pick express or custom install. It start to install with no problem but near the end of installing and got the error message with " Access is denied " so the installation is not completed. Now I would like to know where to find this to fix the problem so I can install smoothly with no error message, " Access is denied. " I think that more likely the problem is with registry but I am not sure till someone here might be able to help with this to fix the problem.

-- John

:)

imcanadian, Dec 5, 2018

2. Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Exe file downloading issue

Hello,

To better assist you, we would like to know more about your concern. Can you answer the questions below:

• Did you make any recent changes on your Windows 10 PC before this issue happened?
    • Is there any error message when you try to download an .exe file?
    • What happens when you try to download an .exe file?

We'll keep an eye for your response so we can assist you promptly.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Can't install exe files after download

Exe file

New PC

Windows 10

Trying to download Chrome browser (exe file)

when trying to open, prompts open with and list programs to open with

will not allow exe file.

LuisValentin1, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't install exe files after download

1. Can't install exe files after download - Similar Threads - Can't install exe

2. Can't install or download exe application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  3. Can't install or download exe application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  4. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  5. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  6. Cannot download .exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot download .exe files: Greetings everyone, I'm having an issue with my Windows 10 installation : Windows is blocking every .exe file download. All the solutions I've found consisted in updating the internet options... Thus, I am joining a screenshot of my internet options + Windows defender...
  7. Downloading an .exe file

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading an .exe file: I've tried to download .exe files, but I get a message that this is not a Microsoft-verified file - then it wants me to go to the Microsoft Store, and I don't want to do this, I want to download the .exe file I started. How can I bypass this message? Thank you....
  8. Cannot install a downloaded .exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install a downloaded .exe file: I have a bizarre situation where I download a program from a website and the setup .exe file appears correctly in the Download folder. When I double-click the .exe file to install it, it disappears from the Download folder. Is there an issue with my Windows 10 registry? I...
  9. Can't open .exe files

Can't open .exe files: I have Windows 10 home and can't open some files. The application exe does not appear but it appears in the task manager in back ground proccesses and it really annoys me because it can't play some games and run some software hopefully someone can help me...
  10. Can't open File .exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open File .exe: I can't open the Alienwarecommandcenter.exe and Alienware OC.exe. When I try to open the file, the administrators appear, I click ok but then the install file becomes white i've tried to run sfc scan but it told me that my computer don't have any problems. everything is Ok....