Windows 10: Can't install from my D drive

Discus and support Can't install from my D drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i'm trying to install quickbooks in windows 10 from my cd rom and I can't access the cd, in windows 7 it used to come up automatically or I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cunning stunt, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Can't install from my D drive

i'm trying to install quickbooks in windows 10 from my cd rom and I can't access the cd, in windows 7 it used to come up automatically or I could access my D drive...

:)

cunning stunt, Aug 26, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Aug 26, 2019
  3. little cat, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Cleats Win User

Can't install from my D drive

D Drive Installation

I need to install my programs to the D Drive but I'm uncertain of all the procedures I should take before starting that process.

I think the drive is ready to go but I still have questions like

Should I create a Programs folder for the D Drive and do I just select the D drive for all installation options. Like Installation and folders and etc .....

Do I need to change the storage options or create my own My Documents on the D Drive.

For Example - My 3D software loads my content into My Documents. I guess I can re direct these files to the D Drive also ?

I guess it shouldn't be rocket science but I just haven't installed programs off the c drive before.

Do you have Any Suggestions , tips or tutorials you can recommend ?

Cleats, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't install from my D drive

1. Can't install from my D drive - Similar Threads - Can't install drive

2. Can't install games on my D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games on my D drive: Basically when i go to install sea of thieves and i click install, the location prompt for the download comes up as usual and gives me the option to choose another drive to download the game too. So i go and select my D drive and i click install. But, nothing, and i click and...
  3. I can't install games from the xbox app onto my D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't install games from the xbox app onto my D drive: Hi, I have been using the xbox app for almost 2 years now and have never encountered this problem until now. Since I built my pc, I have used my C drive as primary, for my OS to run on. Any additional apps, software, or games I installed on my D drive. Both of my drives are...
  4. I can't install apps on my D: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install apps on my D: drive: I have recently bought two HDDs and I am looking to move my apps over to one of them, more specifically the D: drive, and make it to where apps are automatically installed on that drive. I have already tried setting it to where apps get installed on the D: drive, but every...
  5. I can't install MSFS2020 on my D drive

I can't install MSFS2020 on my D drive: Hi ! I got MSFS2020 as a gift on the microsoft store, he should have taken it on Steam... Anyway, when i try to download it, it just shows me the C drive. I tried wsreset.exe, i tried to change the save locations, i tried to disconnect > restart the computer and connect...
  6. Can't install app to D: drive

Can't install app to D: drive: Please, before I start, do not tell me to go to Storge > Change where new apps are saved. I have tried all the basic troubleshooting. This is what that screen looks like when I try to drop the menu down to select a drive: https://imgur.com/9qIGDaK So how do I fix this?...
  7. Can't install apps on D:\ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps on D:\ drive: I went to install Halo 2: Anniversary, and I wanted to install it on my D: drive so I don't fill up my C:, and it won't let me.[ATTACH] So I click "Set it as your location for where new apps are saved", and it takes me here. [ATTACH] I switch it to D: and it shows me this...
  8. Can't install some programs to D Drive? (Chrome to D Drive)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install some programs to D Drive? (Chrome to D Drive)?: I have a 120GB M.2 PCIE and I want it reserved for windows 10 and it's updates, which is C Drive But I want to install Adobe in my 1 2TB HDD,which is D Drive. I've made the folders for Program Files and Program Files (x86) I've divided the 2TB So I have 2 different...
  9. Can't Install onto D-Drive

Can't Install onto D-Drive: Hello all, I can't seem to download Outer Worlds to anything but my C drive, which is almost out of space. I've tried changing the default download location for apps to the D-Drive, but the download page for Outer Worlds did not recognize this. How can I change this, or...
  10. Install from D Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install from D Drive?: Hi...can I install Windows 10 from iso that I can mount from D Dive on my laptop to my C Drive or do I have to boot from disk? 87583