Windows 10: Can't install game after uninstall.

Discus and support Can't install game after uninstall. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently downloaded Wolfenstein 2: The new colossus from Windows store and played it couple times. One day it didn't just open. I tried everything... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Axuks, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Axuks Win User

Can't install game after uninstall.

I recently downloaded Wolfenstein 2: The new colossus from Windows store and played it couple times. One day it didn't just open. I tried everything but nothing worked. So one thread said that i need to go to Settings > Apps > Apps and properties and find the game go to more settings and push the reset button. I did that and the game unistalled. Then when I tried to download it again it just gives me error code 0x80070005. Then when i go to my D drive and go to see the WindowsApps isntall location there is still folder for that game, I can't open the folder because windows says that system can't use that folder. I tried reinstating microsoft store. There is not updates available.

:)

Axuks, Jun 27, 2019

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Can't install game after uninstall. :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Can't install game after uninstall.

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Can't install game after uninstall.

1. Can't install game after uninstall. - Similar Threads - Can't install game

2. Background Tones After Installing Infinity Slots Game And Unable To Uninstall The Game.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Background Tones After Installing Infinity Slots Game And Unable To Uninstall The Game.: let me start by saying I am a novice when it comes to internet games. I thought I installed Infinity Slots through Microsoft. I see an icon on the list of recently added apps and also under the list of alphabetical apps. Since I downloaded the app I constantly here the...
  3. I can't uninstall a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't uninstall a game: First of all, I have Windows 10 Mobile. I had a problem in one game. When I asked the support of that game, they told me that i have to uninstall the game, restart my device and I need to reinstall the game. I pressed the uninstall button, but it didn't uninstall fully,...
  4. Can't uninstall game addon MS Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall game addon MS Flight Simulator: I'm trying to uninstall an addon for MS Flight Simulator. It says Windows cannot find C: the path then unins000.exe. I checked the path and the file didn't exist but there is a file unins000.dat. I need to uninstall the addon but I'm afraid if I simply delete the folder I'll...
  5. Windows 10 broken after uninstall of pre-installed App-Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 broken after uninstall of pre-installed App-Games: Today I decided to uninstall some of the App-Games that were installed on my system. Among these were (as far as I recall the names) : - Soda Candy Crush - Bubble Gems 3 - March of Empires: War of Lords - and another one whose name I do not recall at all I uninstalled...
  6. Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings: Hi, just came across this- I installed a program as admin (rt click, run as admin), hoping that might resolve a small snag, then wanted to uninstall it. From Settings I could not, nor is there a way there to start the uninstallation as admin. Was this just an odd one-off?...
  7. Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Install as admin, can't uninstall from Settings: Hi, just came across this- I installed a program as admin (rt click, run as admin), hoping that might resolve a small snag, then wanted to uninstall it. From Settings I could not, nor is there a way there to start the uninstallation as admin. Was this just an odd one-off?...
  8. uninstalling apps&games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstalling apps&games: hi, I really have a problem with uninstalling an app, because its not a program that I can find in my control panel and when I found out about that I searched in Microsoft store so could I find anything to uninstall it but there isn't anything like an install bottom, whyyy?...
  9. Can't install Intel eXtensible usb 3.0 on my pc after uninstalling it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Intel eXtensible usb 3.0 on my pc after uninstalling it: I am in desprete need of help. I was having issues with my intel usb 3.0 ports so I thought I would try uninstalling the drivers then reinstalling them however whenever I try to reinstall them I get a message saying "Your computer does not meet minimum requirements" It's...
  10. Re-Install after Uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Install after Uninstall: After installing Win 10 I found 2 apps that would not execute under Win 10. I uninstalled Win 10 using the provided re-install Win 7. I have solved the problem with the apps and I would like to re-install Win 10. How do I receive the invitation to install Win 10 again, or is...