Windows 10: Can't install game from XBOX store

Discus and support Can't install game from XBOX store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello everyone! My name is Chad. Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct area - please feel free to redirect me somewhere else if needed. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ChadQ1, Nov 3, 2020.

1. ChadQ1 Win User

Can't install game from XBOX store

Hello everyone! My name is Chad. Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct area - please feel free to redirect me somewhere else if needed.

I recently subscribed to the XBOX Game Pass for PC program. I've been able to install a small handful of games on my device, but one particular game RAGE 2 is not installing. I've searched everywhere for a solution but I can't figure out how to resolve this. The error I get says "Free up space or pick another drive."

At this point I've tried re-formatting my hard drive, restarting my computer a few times, logging in and out of the XBOX app on my PC, and trying different hard drives. One hard drive had 200GB free and also failed. My primary disk has over 3TB of free space and the game only requires 44GB. Any idea what I can do to resolve this issue?

It only affects this one game. All other games are fine.

Thanks in advance!

Can't install game from XBOX store 2cf84bec-a9ba-4e9d-b1d9-ab2460d77043?upload=true.png Can't install game from XBOX store 70dc27dc-bac9-4b32-add1-8d6dbaf860a1?upload=true.png

-Chad

:)

ChadQ1, Nov 3, 2020

2. Need to fix XBOX game dvr or suggestions for a recording software just like xbox game dvr

To further troubleshoot your concern, w suggest that you run the Windows App Troubleshooter from this link. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, follow the steps below to reset the Windows Store cache and update Xbox App.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter. 
    • Close the Command prompt, and then launch Windows Store. 
    • Update the Xbox App in the Windows Store.  
    • If there is no option for you to update it, uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please make sure that the record option for Game DVR on the Xbox App is enabled. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Xbox App.
    • On the left pane, click the gear icon to view Settings.
    • Select Game DVR.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.
    • Check if your Keyboard shortcuts are accurate to the one that you are using.
    • Click Save if you made any changes.

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Nov 3, 2020
  3. I bbought Forza Horizon 3 for PC but it won't run. Can I swap t for the Xbox game instead?

Hi Charles,

If you've purchased an Xbox Play Anywhere version of Forza Horizon 3, you may download and play it on both Xbox One and Windows 10. To do so, you'll need to sign in to the Xbox One console using the same Microsoft account you've used to purchase the game.
    Refer to
    How to install games on Xbox One
    for the steps. If you're prompted to purchase the game, it may be due to one of the following reasons:

• You're not signed in with the profile that owns the game license.
    • The game you've purchased is not an Xbox Play Anywhere version.
    To verify the transaction, we suggest that you get in touch with our Xbox support team. You may contact them via chat support or request a call at your preferred date and time. Refer to this

link
    for their contact information.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Catherine Cus., Nov 3, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't install game from XBOX store - Similar Threads - Can't install game

2. Can't install Store/Xbox games after re-installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Store/Xbox games after re-installing Windows 10: I have tried all of the following steps, but the issue persists. I can install 'new' games through the Store but not the XBOX app but the ones I had previously installed won't allow to be installed again.Steps to Fix Microsoft Store Error Code 0x80073CF3,Unable to Install...
  3. Can't install games from Store / XBox App Error 0x00000001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install games from Store / XBox App Error 0x00000001: Hi,i can't install any games included in my game pass. All atempts fail with 0x00000001.This problem exists on 3 different Computers.All PCs run up to date windows 10 Prof.There is no Antivirus and it happens on a freshly installed Windows 10 Pro as well.There is no DNS...
  4. Can't install games from microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games from microsoft store: Hi, I've bought gamepasss to play games on my pc, but whenever I try to install anything from the microsoft store it just won't let me, I click the button and nothing happens, the xbox app just won't download, I tried restarting it, running wsreset everything... This is...
  5. Why Can't I Install Xbox Game Bar From the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Can't I Install Xbox Game Bar From the Microsoft Store?: So I removed Xbox Game Bar with Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay Remove-AppxPackage and now when I try reinstalling it in the Microsoft Store it says Acquiring License... and then spits out this error: https://imgur.com/a/EWkYAAO What do I do?...
  6. Can't install a game from the store

Can't install a game from the store: I bought Minecraft, installed it, and launched it, but it was stuck on the loading screen. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it, but when I click Install, nothing happens....
  7. I can't install games from the microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install games from the microsoft store.: When I trying to install Minecraft from the microsoft store and I'm asked what device I want to install it on, it states that I don't have any applicable devices attached to my microsoft account. But when I go to check for devices on my account it says that my computer is...
  8. Can't install games through Windows store or xbox app

Can't install games through Windows store or xbox app: Hello all, I'm trying to install The Outer Worlds through xbox game pass. I know this has worked earlier this week, so it's not an issue of account validity. I find that when I go to install the game, either through the XBOX app or the Windows Store, the installation...
  9. Can't install game from the Microsoft Store.

Can't install game from the Microsoft Store.: I was trying to install a game from the store, but it won't let me. The choice is just grayed out. I thought I just didn't have the right apps to install games. So, I went and tried another game. To my surprise, it worked. I have bought the Game Pass, and the game in question...
  10. Can't install a specific game from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install a specific game from the Microsoft Store: I started installing Asphalt 8: Airborne on my PC but I accidentally cancelled. After I tried to reinstall it, an error window appeared and says "Try again later an error occurred on our end." It's only that specific game, how can I fix this?...