Windows 10: Cant install game on my HDD because i dont have "directory permission"

Discus and support Cant install game on my HDD because i dont have "directory permission" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an SSD and an HDD in my computer. I just tried installing the new game Fallout 76 onto my HDD but it tells me I cannot do this because I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ryanmauldin, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Cant install game on my HDD because i dont have "directory permission"

I have an SSD and an HDD in my computer. I just tried installing the new game Fallout 76 onto my HDD but it tells me I cannot do this because I don't have directory permission. I'm so confused. I am the only user on this computer. Idk what to do.

:)

ryanmauldin, Nov 14, 2018

2. How to install games to another HDD?

yeah every installing games the games would ask the directory where it would install, so choose the other drive like d: or e: and install it
    then you done *Toast :toast:
    or read this
    How do I install programs on a drive other than C:?

micropage7, Nov 14, 2018
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Drone Win User

Cant install game on my HDD because i dont have "directory permission"

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Cant install game on my HDD because i dont have "directory permission"

1. Cant install game on my HDD because i dont have "directory permission" - Similar Threads - Cant install game

2. my windows is installed on HDD and i have a secondary SSD for gaming, if i installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows is installed on HDD and i have a secondary SSD for gaming, if i installed...: my windows is installed on HDD and i have a secondary SSD for gaming, if i installed windows on SSD will that improve my gaming experience?P.S. i don't care about windows booting fast or apps start fast all i care about is gaming performance...
  3. I Cant do anything because i dont know the password to admin and i dont have admin rights...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Cant do anything because i dont know the password to admin and i dont have admin rights...: I reset windows then i think i enabled Administartor apssword somehow and now i cant do anything that requires administraor password, UAE popups etc pls help i cant do anything on my pc since i dont have administartor rights or whatever...
  4. I Cant do anything because i dont know the password to admin and i dont have admin rights...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Cant do anything because i dont know the password to admin and i dont have admin rights...: I reset windows then i think i enabled Administartor apssword somehow and now i cant do anything that requires administraor password, UAE popups etc pls help i cant do anything on my pc since i dont have administartor rights or whatever...
  5. I Cant do anything because i dont know the password to admin and i dont have admin rights...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Cant install games on 2nd hdd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install games on 2nd hdd?: Ive installed halo wars 2 and we happy few on my D:/ drive but now I cant install anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games-on-2nd-hdd/bc878002-6fcd-43ee-9045-9912bde21d87
  7. Cant install games on 2nd hdd?

Cant install games on 2nd hdd?: Ive installed halo wars 2 and we happy few on my D:/ drive but now I cant install anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games-on-2nd-hdd/bc878002-6fcd-43ee-9045-9912bde21d87
  8. Can't install a program because "I don't have access to a directory"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install a program because "I don't have access to a directory": Im trying to install a program on windows 10 and get an error message "Error writing to file: C:\WINDOWS\sytem32\atl110.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory", what can I do? submitted by /u/apinanaivot [link] [comments]...
  9. I cant setup my game because of storage witch i have :/ help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant setup my game because of storage witch i have :/ help: i downloaded a game that i cannot setup it says it needs space but D drive has about 160GB of storage my C drive 1GB how do i make it so the setup goes to my D drive i have no idea please help....
  10. problem with directory permissions / installation

problem with directory permissions / installation: I run a piece of software called videopsalm. It was working fine for several months, then after a windows update it started having problems writing the temp files it needs. (unable to find/write temp files in documents subfolders) I've uninstalled it and I'm trying to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dont have hdd for windows hemp

2. game cant install on harddrive because of permissions