Windows 10: Cant install games on 2nd hdd?

Discus and support Cant install games on 2nd hdd? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ive installed halo wars 2 and we happy few on my D:/ drive but now I cant install anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lloagim, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Lloagim Win User

Cant install games on 2nd hdd?

Ive installed halo wars 2 and we happy few on my D:/ drive but now I cant install anything

:)

Lloagim, Jan 4, 2022

2. 2nd hdd caddy and windows 1809

Hey

I have posted 2 topics about the inability to update to 1809 and I have figured out that it is due to the 2nd hdd caddy

I have installed a 2nd Hdd caddy instead of my DVD rom on my laptop
    Since windows 7
    Then I have upgraded my laptop to asus with windows 10 which had 1507 and installed the 2nd hdd as well
    And upgraded till version 1803 which everything was running smoothly
    But for some reason the 1809 is not booting from the usb
    I have removed the 2nd hdd and was able to perform a clean install of windows 1809
    Fixing the 2nd hdd makes it stuck on the boot logo

Maybe it's a bug!

MohamedAl.nasser, Jan 4, 2022
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    After upgrading to Windows 10 - 2nd and 3rd HDDs cannot be seen??????

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to check in BIOS setting whether both the HDD are listed there. You may get in touch with your computer manufacturer or refer to the user manual on how to enter BIOS settings.

If it is listed in BIOS, you may check whether you are able to see both the HDD in Disk Management. Follow the steps to check:

Press Windows Key + X.

Click on Disk Management.

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jan 4, 2022
  4. Cant install games on 2nd hdd?

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

Cant install games on 2nd hdd?

1. Cant install games on 2nd hdd? - Similar Threads - Cant install games

2. Cant install game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant install game: Gives me an error code when trying to download a game. the error code is 0x80070005 Have tried to reset the store and troubleshoot. I am on WINDOWS 10 PRO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-game/f372f4e5-1d21-475d-9eb6-e9c2b8100ffc
  3. Cant install game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install game: Gives me an error code when trying to download a game. the error code is 0x80070005 Have tried to reset the store and troubleshoot. I am on WINDOWS 10 PRO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-game/f372f4e5-1d21-475d-9eb6-e9c2b8100ffc
  4. cant instal the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant instal the game: i had bought SkyrimWindows11 but i cant download iterror code 0x87e00196gametag rootpuki have already performed all basic troubleshooting steps we have for this such as updating your Windows to the latest version, resetting all gaming apps in my PC, reinstalling Gaming...
  5. cant instal the game

cant instal the game: i had bought SkyrimWindows11 but i cant download iterror code 0x87e00196gametag rootpuki have already performed all basic troubleshooting steps we have for this such as updating your Windows to the latest version, resetting all gaming apps in my PC, reinstalling Gaming...
  6. cant install games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install games: for some reason when i go to skul: the hero slayer's page this frown face shows up , but in any other game its normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games/b168643e-185b-41db-90d4-de81e22ba0fa
  7. cant install games

cant install games: for some reason when i go to skul: the hero slayer's page this frown face shows up , but in any other game its normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games/b168643e-185b-41db-90d4-de81e22ba0fa
  8. Cant install games on 2nd hdd?

Cant install games on 2nd hdd?: Ive installed halo wars 2 and we happy few on my D:/ drive but now I cant install anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games-on-2nd-hdd/bc878002-6fcd-43ee-9045-9912bde21d87
  9. Re-install Applications Already Installed on 2nd HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-install Applications Already Installed on 2nd HDD: I just reset my Windows 10 OS and now I have to reinstall all the applications. However, install most of of apps on a 2nd HDD, and was wondering if there is anyway to avoid having to redownload all these apps. This computer sits in a remote site with limited internet...
  10. New HDD, 2nd windows install. Need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New HDD, 2nd windows install. Need help: I stuck a new HDD into PC and is currently set as 2nd HDD. It is blank and new. What I want to do is install windows 10 on this drive , and set it to the main boot. The problem I am having is what is my best option. Do I do a windows 7 install on new HDD from DVD? or...