Windows 10: Can't install games on a different drive after hardware upgrade

Discus and support Can't install games on a different drive after hardware upgrade in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just changed my motherboard and cpu and when i try to download the games on the xbox app on windows 10 it tells me the drive is not suitable for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tazjr0, Oct 26, 2019.

1. tazjr0 Win User

Can't install games on a different drive after hardware upgrade

tazjr0, Oct 26, 2019

2. Unable to access the external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Alan,

As you are facing issues with accessing the external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the drive?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to detect the device under Device Manager/ File Explorer?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Can't install games on a different drive after hardware upgrade

little cat, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't install games on a different drive after hardware upgrade

1. Can't install games on a different drive after hardware upgrade - Similar Threads - Can't install games

2. Can't install game on extended drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install game on extended drive?: I am trying to download Fallout 76 on my extended storage Seagate device. It will not appear on my available storage devices. I have already tried changing it to my default download location. I read on similar question forum that the problem is that the drive has a...
  3. all games crash after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all games crash after hardware upgrade: i upgraded my motherboard cpu ram and didn't upgrade my gpu and i have been getting countless crashes and bluescreen can u look into this dump ?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAJsKQxvtAQnxwQlBDJF7XIuube_Sfat/view?usp=sharing...
  4. all games crash after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all games crash after hardware upgrade: i upgraded my motherboard cpu ram and didn't upgrade my gpu and i have been getting countless crashes and bluescreen can u look into this dump ?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAJsKQxvtAQnxwQlBDJF7XIuube_Sfat/view?usp=sharing...
  5. Can't move game to different drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move game to different drive: [ATTACH] I am trying to Move Forza Horrizon 4 to my HDD because my ssd is running low on space. But if I go into the settings the button to move an application is greyed out. the reason for that seems to be that there is an update for the game. The problem is that I can't...
  6. Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store: Can't install Forza Horizon 4 on D: or even E:, have just 3 options as shown in the pic. Followed all the steps mentioned here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-to-hdd-through-microsoft-store/3c478900-142c-4f10-b4aa-ebcae323241f Still...
  7. Can't activate Windows after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows after hardware upgrade: Hi folks, I recently upgraded my mobo and cpu (and others) and I have an Activate Windows message at the bottom right of my screen. So, I went to the Activation tab in Settings and I get the following message: We can't activate Windows on this device because the product...
  8. Can't Activate Windows 10 after upgrading hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Activate Windows 10 after upgrading hardware: Hello, My PC had a fatal crash so I replaced the Motherboard, CPU and Memory. I've tried the activate after changing hardware process many times and it says try later, which I have. I get the option to choose the previous PC name to activate from but it returns the answer,...
  9. installing PC games on different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing PC games on different drive: I have Windows 7 pro installed and then upgraded to windows 10 with latest updates etc for it. it is installed on C drive like normal. i have another hard drive G that i use to install bunch of PC games ranging from new to old. I noticed that when some of the pc games want to...
  10. Cloning an installation to a different machine after upgrading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning an installation to a different machine after upgrading: I have a few laptops, all of them are the same specs except for a few with a different GPU. All of them run the exact same software. I'm planning to upgrade them all manually to 10 first to register the machine, then create an image so in case a drive goes belly up, I'll just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I cant get xbox pc titles to install on d drive

2. why cant i install microsoft game pass games on a diffrent harddrive than the system hard drve?