Windows 10: cant install games on D

Discus and support cant install games on D in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello so i cant install games on D i think its because the games are already installed on D:\WindowsApps but the store doesnt detect them and i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by patrik1123456, Dec 20, 2020.

1. cant install games on D

hello so i cant install games on D i think its because the games are already installed on D:\WindowsApps but the store doesnt detect them and i cant even delte them form there so yeah i need help

:)

patrik1123456, Dec 20, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Depth Win User

cant install games on D

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

cant install games on D

1. cant install games on D - Similar Threads - cant install games

2. Cant install game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant install game: Gives me an error code when trying to download a game. the error code is 0x80070005 Have tried to reset the store and troubleshoot. I am on WINDOWS 10 PRO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-game/f372f4e5-1d21-475d-9eb6-e9c2b8100ffc
  3. Cant install game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install game: Gives me an error code when trying to download a game. the error code is 0x80070005 Have tried to reset the store and troubleshoot. I am on WINDOWS 10 PRO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-game/f372f4e5-1d21-475d-9eb6-e9c2b8100ffc
  4. cant instal the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant instal the game: i had bought SkyrimWindows11 but i cant download iterror code 0x87e00196gametag rootpuki have already performed all basic troubleshooting steps we have for this such as updating your Windows to the latest version, resetting all gaming apps in my PC, reinstalling Gaming...
  5. cant instal the game

cant instal the game: i had bought SkyrimWindows11 but i cant download iterror code 0x87e00196gametag rootpuki have already performed all basic troubleshooting steps we have for this such as updating your Windows to the latest version, resetting all gaming apps in my PC, reinstalling Gaming...
  6. cant install games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install games: for some reason when i go to skul: the hero slayer's page this frown face shows up , but in any other game its normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games/b168643e-185b-41db-90d4-de81e22ba0fa
  7. cant install games

cant install games: for some reason when i go to skul: the hero slayer's page this frown face shows up , but in any other game its normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games/b168643e-185b-41db-90d4-de81e22ba0fa
  8. i cant install games on the d drive

i cant install games on the d drive: i am trying to install age of empires IV on my pc and i dont have enough space on the c drive so i want to install it on the d drive but it wont even though i set the app installation on the d drive from the system settings...
  9. Cant Install on D:/ Drive on some games?

Cant Install on D:/ Drive on some games?: Hi there, im wondering if someone can help me. On the microsoft store, some games i am able to choose to install to my D:/ drive and some dont give me the option. Like for instance. Forza Horizon 4 - I can install to D Drive. Dragon Quest XI S: I cannot. I have done the...
  10. Cant install to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant install to D drive: I am trying to install a video game. Says there is not enough space on my C drive. When I change it to D and click install I get the message "You must enter a valid directory name, and cannot install at the root level. Please select another location. How can I install to my D...