Windows 10: Can't install games on my E: Drive

Discus and support Can't install games on my E: Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I tried downloading Forza Horizon 4 again from my laptop it got reformatted and when I tried downloading it in my D: drive but when I selected my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cowen Ng, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Cowen Ng Win User

Can't install games on my E: Drive

Hi, I tried downloading Forza Horizon 4 again from my laptop it got reformatted and when I tried downloading it in my D: drive but when I selected my drive and I click on install i won't do anything and if I try downloading it in my C: drive it works. So I tried moving the file to my D: drive after it installed then i got presented by this error First Picure after I click on YES it gave me another error Second Picture. After that I tried change my directory for where new apps were save and it gave me the same error. Is there a way to fix it?

Can't install games on my E: Drive 8876d938-2f42-4915-a837-fbaffbe44227?upload=true.png

Can't install games on my E: Drive 955a2042-042f-428f-940a-713a436fbffd?upload=true.png

:)

Cowen Ng, Jan 14, 2021

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jan 14, 2021
  3. little cat, Jan 14, 2021
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't install games on my E: Drive - Similar Threads - Can't install games

2. Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10: I am trying to install epic games launcher on my win 10 PC but it is not letting me do it. It gives a an pop up which says "Invalid drive E". That E drive was my old drive which got corrupted. I had epic games launcher installed on that drive. May be some residue file is...
  3. Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10: I am trying to install epic games launcher on my win 10 PC but it is not letting me do it. It gives a an pop up which says "Invalid drive E". That E drive was my old drive which got corrupted. I had epic games launcher installed on that drive. May be some residue file is...
  4. Invalid drive E:\ Can't Install software on my windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. my Saved games are trapped on E drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my Saved games are trapped on E drive: I had been trying to relocate my saved games folder onto a new SSD drive. i clicked on the folder, selected properties and moved the location to the E drive, however it didnt go to plan as when it moved it deleted the file and just placed the contents in the drive not in a...
  6. my Saved games are trapped on E drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Saved games are trapped on E drive: I had been trying to relocate my saved games folder onto a new SSD drive. i clicked on the folder, selected properties and moved the location to the E drive, however it didnt go to plan as when it moved it deleted the file and just placed the contents in the drive not in a...
  7. my Saved games are trapped on E drive

8. Can't install games on my second drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install games on my second drive?: Why can't I install games on my second drive? It will not go through.After that, the drive will disappear or corrupt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games-on-my-second-drive/711e89ed-85f8-4693-b8f0-bdbba6399425
  9. Can't install games on my second drive?

Can't install games on my second drive?: Why can't I install games on my second drive? It will not go through.After that, the drive will disappear or corrupt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games-on-my-second-drive/711e89ed-85f8-4693-b8f0-bdbba6399425
  10. Can't install games on my D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games on my D drive: Basically when i go to install sea of thieves and i click install, the location prompt for the download comes up as usual and gives me the option to choose another drive to download the game too. So i go and select my D drive and i click install. But, nothing, and i click and...