Windows 10: Can't install games on my secondary drive that contains the games already installed

Discus and support Can't install games on my secondary drive that contains the games already installed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It gives the following error when I try to set my secondary drive as default installation for apps: 0x80070005 but before that it asks me whether I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexanderNikolov, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Can't install games on my secondary drive that contains the games already installed

It gives the following error when I try to set my secondary drive as default installation for apps:

0x80070005 but before that it asks me whether I should delete other apps - first of I've already deleted the WindowsApps folder from my secondary drive since the error but I'm still getting it.

Additionally why would I want to remove my already installed packages - I watched 40 minutes propaganda about how great the new MSIX package system is however it can't detect an old application folder and make use of it like let's say Steam Library. It would make a great difference considering the system in place for only downloading the bits that are needed for a package update - like instead of waiting hours for my games to re-download I could probably wait minutes for them to update instead.

Right now I'm defragmenting my drive so I can squeeze some storage in order to create a new partition and hopefully install there.

:)

AlexanderNikolov, Aug 22, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Aug 22, 2020
  3. flone6822 Win User
    Xbox app (beta) - Installing games to a secondary drive

(Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this - this is less of a question and more of a bug report I guess?)

I've been trying for the past few days to download a number of games from the Xbox PC game pass to a secondary drive, which is occasionally removed, on my PC. This worked fine and the games launch as normal initially, however as soon as this drive is removed
    at any time I'm unable to do anything at all with the installed game - I can't uninstall, play or verify to the Xbox app that the game is there at all. I've managed to uninstall the game by forcing the WindowsApps folder's security settings, but surely there's
    something i'm missing here?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

flone6822, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Can't install games on my secondary drive that contains the games already installed

apps not working on secondary drive

Hi Lomavista,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which apps are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Install all app updates from Windows Store.

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

Do let us know if you are able to use all apps from secondary drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't install games on my secondary drive that contains the games already installed

1. Can't install games on my secondary drive that contains the games already installed - Similar Threads - Can't install games

2. Can't install games on my second drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install games on my second drive?: Why can't I install games on my second drive? It will not go through.After that, the drive will disappear or corrupt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games-on-my-second-drive/711e89ed-85f8-4693-b8f0-bdbba6399425
  3. Can't install games on my second drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install games on my second drive?: Why can't I install games on my second drive? It will not go through.After that, the drive will disappear or corrupt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games-on-my-second-drive/711e89ed-85f8-4693-b8f0-bdbba6399425
  4. Can't install game on extended drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install game on extended drive?: I am trying to download Fallout 76 on my extended storage Seagate device. It will not appear on my available storage devices. I have already tried changing it to my default download location. I read on similar question forum that the problem is that the drive has a...
  5. Can't install game on extended drive?

Can't install game on extended drive?: I am trying to download Fallout 76 on my extended storage Seagate device. It will not appear on my available storage devices. I have already tried changing it to my default download location. I read on similar question forum that the problem is that the drive has a...
  6. Can't install games on my D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games on my D drive: Basically when i go to install sea of thieves and i click install, the location prompt for the download comes up as usual and gives me the option to choose another drive to download the game too. So i go and select my D drive and i click install. But, nothing, and i click and...
  7. Can't install games on my E: Drive

Can't install games on my E: Drive: Hi, I tried downloading Forza Horizon 4 again from my laptop it got reformatted and when I tried downloading it in my D: drive but when I selected my drive and I click on install i won't do anything and if I try downloading it in my C: drive it works. So I tried moving the...
  8. cannot install games on secondary hardrive

cannot install games on secondary hardrive: hi so i tried to install Sea of Thieves with Microsoft store, but when I choose drive D: nothing happens when I press install. not even an error code. i downloaded the box app and it says my drive is not set up for installing games, so i tried to set default drive as D: for...
  9. Can't install games on another drive

Can't install games on another drive: Hello, When I wanted to reinstall Forza Horizon 4 again on my PC after I've formatted the drive wanted to clean it up I couldn't install the game on my d: drive. I want to install it there as my c: drive is just a 120GB SSD used for Windows. When I want to click on the blue...
  10. Xbox app (beta) - Installing games to a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app (beta) - Installing games to a secondary drive: (Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this - this is less of a question and more of a bug report I guess?) I've been trying for the past few days to download a number of games from the Xbox PC game pass to a secondary drive, which is occasionally removed, on my PC....