Windows 10: Cant install games onto my ext. drive

Discus and support Cant install games onto my ext. drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I've posted about this 2 other times, both times the person helping just disappears if I don't respond quick enough. The only way I can get... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CoolerMrAwesomeFace, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Cant install games onto my ext. drive

So I've posted about this 2 other times, both times the person helping just disappears if I don't respond quick enough. The only way I can get continued help is to make a new post. Since early December last year, I've been having an issue with the Microsoft store with it not letting me install apps to an external drive. Moving them in settings doesn't work and changing app install location doesn't work. I get an error with the code "0x80004004" any time I try to do either of those. I've done a lot of research to figure out a fix and everything I've tried has failed. I know it's a problem with the store or windows because every other game service like Steam or Epic works fine installing to ext. drives. I've been at this for months, please just help me figure out a fix.

Edit: Installing to C: Drive works as intended but to ext. doesn't do anything

here's a post that's Similar to my issue

:)

CoolerMrAwesomeFace, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Cant install games onto my ext. drive

1. Cant install games onto my ext. drive - Similar Threads - Cant install games

2. I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive: Hello.My C drive for my computer is puny compared to the D drive, I want to install Doom eternal, but can't because my c drive doesnt have the space to be on the c drive,. And I can't find where I can change the Install directory so i can Download it directly on my D drive....
  3. I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive: Hello.My C drive for my computer is puny compared to the D drive, I want to install Doom eternal, but can't because my c drive doesnt have the space to be on the c drive,. And I can't find where I can change the Install directory so i can Download it directly on my D drive....
  4. I cant install games from microsoft store onto my D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to install gamepass games onto D drive.

Unable to install gamepass games onto D drive.: Having an issue were i am unable to install onto my D drive through XBOX App and Microsoft Store, Issue only happens when trying to download Gamepass related games, Microsoft store only asks me where to install on non Gamepass. Have done all troubleshooting otherwise found on...
  6. Unable to install gamepass games onto D drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install gamepass games onto D drive.: Having an issue were i am unable to install onto my D drive through XBOX App and Microsoft Store, Issue only happens when trying to download Gamepass related games, Microsoft store only asks me where to install on non Gamepass. Have done all troubleshooting otherwise found on...
  7. Unable to install gamepass games onto D drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I cant install a game I bought on Xbox onto my PC

I cant install a game I bought on Xbox onto my PC: I previously bought Minecraft windows 10 edition on my Xbox back in 2017 and am now trying to install it on my PC via the Microsoft store but when I try to install it I only get the option to download it on my Xbox and not my PC....
  9. Cant install games onto my M drive *still*

Cant install games onto my M drive *still*: So back in early December I made a post here Post and I got 2 barely helpful replies, I've continually bumped the thread and gotten no new replies. I just thought a new post would help me solve it, Thanks....
  10. Cant install games onto my M drive

Cant install games onto my M drive: Hello, So I recently reset my computer because of an unrelated issue but, since then I haven't been able to install games onto my other drives. I've tried a lot of fixes and workarounds but none have worked, is there any way to do this without reformating the drive?...