Windows 10: Can't Install HP Smart from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't Install HP Smart from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a new printer HP ENVY 6055 and am trying to set it up with my Windows 10 PC. However, when I try to install it from the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomHancocks, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Can't Install HP Smart from Microsoft Store

Hi,

I just got a new printer HP ENVY 6055 and am trying to set it up with my Windows 10 PC. However, when I try to install it from the Microsoft store, nothing happens...

On the app page if I click install, there is no response. I can just keep clicking it. If I click the 3 dot button next to it and select "Install On My Devices", I can select my computer but then it just says "Thank you. We are attempting to install on your selected devices" and nothing changes...

If I go in to "My Library" and locate HP Smart there, and click install, all that happens is the Install button disappears and doesn't come back... nothing else...

I have no idea why it's doing this or what I can do to solve this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

:)

TomHancocks, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

HP SMART app - crash

Hi Blair,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 13, 2020
  3. HP smart photo

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the Model number of this HP system?

This issue might be due to the compatibility reasons. So I suggest you install Hp media smart program or app in compatibility mode and check.

I want you install the hp smart menu from the link given below and then run the program in compatibility mode.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-80442-1

To run the program in compatibility mode follow the link and instructions mentioned in the link.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

I suggest you perform a clean boot and try transferring the data
    . Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link
    to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope the information helps.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Can't Install HP Smart from Microsoft Store

Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't Install HP Smart from Microsoft Store

1. Can't Install HP Smart from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't Install Smart

2. Can't download and install HP Smart app in MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download and install HP Smart app in MS Store: I'm trying to download and install HP Smart app from MS Store but in one device which runs Windows 8.1 it show's the below error message "The Item is no longer available". The rest of the devices have no issue but it is running on either Windows 10 or 11. Can anyone advice...
  3. Can't download and install HP Smart app in MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download and install HP Smart app in MS Store: I'm trying to download and install HP Smart app from MS Store but in one device which runs Windows 8.1 it show's the below error message "The Item is no longer available". The rest of the devices have no issue but it is running on either Windows 10 or 11. Can anyone advice...
  4. Microsoft store - HP Smart App

Microsoft store - HP Smart App: Hi,Wondering if I can get assistance on an issue with downloading the HP Smart App from the Microsoft store. I recently got a new printer, and as part of the set up process I'm required to download the HP Smart App. However, when directed to Microsoft store to install the...
  5. Microsoft store - HP Smart App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store - HP Smart App: Hi,Wondering if I can get assistance on an issue with downloading the HP Smart App from the Microsoft store. I recently got a new printer, and as part of the set up process I'm required to download the HP Smart App. However, when directed to Microsoft store to install the...
  6. HP Smart not installing from the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HP Smart not installing from the Microsoft Store: My HP Smart Windows app was being difficult - kept saying my printer door was open it wasn't so I decided to uninstall and reload it. The problem is that when I click on the Install button for HP Smart on the Microsoft Store, nothing happens. After a few minutes, I get a...
  7. HP Smart not installing from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Smart not installing from the Microsoft Store: My HP Smart Windows app was being difficult - kept saying my printer door was open it wasn't so I decided to uninstall and reload it. The problem is that when I click on the Install button for HP Smart on the Microsoft Store, nothing happens. After a few minutes, I get a...
  8. HP Smart not installing from the Microsoft Store

9. Error installing HP Smart from MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error installing HP Smart from MS Store: I have reinstalled my HP DeskJet 2630 all in one Printer, but I can't install HP Smart again. I go top Store and i click the Install button, but I always get "Try again later. Something happened on our end" I've already rested Store application, log out, restart, log in....
  10. Can't Install HP Smart on Laptop

Can't Install HP Smart on Laptop: When I attempt to install HP Smart on my laptop, after pressing the "get" button, a box pops up and says "Just a moment" and it appears a download button will appear, but the message goes away and there's just an empty white box. I've tried repeatedly, but have had no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what fo do if yu cant install hp smart for drivers