Windows 10: Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop

Discus and support Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro x64, 21H2. I've had iTunes as a standalone on my PC for a long time. Recently, when I went to update, I ended up in the MS store and with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by highstream, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop

Win 10 Pro x64, 21H2. I've had iTunes as a standalone on my PC for a long time. Recently, when I went to update, I ended up in the MS store and with that version. When I realized there was a difference, I uninstalled it and tried to update via the standalone version, but that failed. The error message is what shows one of the screenshots below. Since iTunes no longer showed in install Programs, I manually deleted everything left of it from the main system drive. However, one iTunes.exe file with 0 bytes still exists that's associated with MS screenshot. I've run sfc /scannow and it found e

:)

highstream, Sep 27, 2022
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Sep 27, 2022
  3. iTunes in Win 10

Here's a tricky one for you (well I think it is anyway!)
    Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop [​IMG]

One of the casualties of my upgrade to Win 10 Home was my iTunes library. Basically, iTunes could no longer find my music, even though it hadn't moved. To cut a long story short, I ended up creating a new
    library and all was well - or so I thought. Since then, however, every time I boot my PC, iTunes loads at startup, and the curious thing is that there is no reference to the programme in any of the startup folders, nor in Task Managers Start Up list. I also
    use CCleaner, and that also shows that nothing apple related should be running at startup.

Clearly something is causing iTunes to run - any ideas? I should add, there are no iPods connected to the PC, and iTunes helper is also disabled via CCleaner.

Steps taken so far:

• Un-installed iTunes, then re-installed. Still runs at start up
    • Tried loading Windows with all services disabled - iTunes still auto starts
    • Found a restore point prior to iTunes misbehaving. Restored to that point - iTunes still auto starts
    • Un-installed iTunes again, this time using Revo Uninstaller Pro. It found a shed load
      of registry entries and files etc left behind after the standard install. Removed the lot, and then did the same for Bonjour; Quick Time; and all the other sundry Apple programmes and services. Rebooted
      - all good. Re-installed iTunes from scratch - not good. Back to auto running at start up.
    Just to check my sanity, I installed iTunes on our lap top (also Win 10). It runs fine, with no auto loading issues. Seriously, what the hell is going on here, why won't iTunes play nicely on my PC? There
    surely has to be a rogue registry entry somewhere causing the issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Cliff

Teflon_Tom, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop

cant install itunes on windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Let me try and assist you with the issue you are experiencing.

1. Are you able to install other third-party program on Windows 10 machine?

2. Which version of iTunes are you trying to install?

3. What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried?

Follow these steps:

• Un-installing all Apple related components through the 'Uninstall or change a program' utility in the Windows control panel.
    • Removing remnants from the 'Program Files' folder.
    • Clearing out the temporary folders.
    • Restarting the computer and reinstalling.

If you are still facing issues installing iTunes on Windows 10, kindly post your query on the Apple iTunes support forum.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/iTunes

Let us know if it helps.

Arul_D, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop

1. Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop - Similar Threads - Can't install iTunes

2. Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop: Win 10 Pro x64, 21H2. I've had iTunes as a standalone on my PC for a long time. Recently, when I went to update, I ended up in the MS store and with that version. When I realized there was a difference, I uninstalled it and tried to update via the standalone version, but that...
  3. Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install iTunes on Win 10 desktop: Win 10 Pro x64, 21H2. I've had iTunes as a standalone on my PC for a long time. Recently, when I went to update, I ended up in the MS store and with that version. When I realized there was a difference, I uninstalled it and tried to update via the standalone version, but that...
  4. Itunes download and WIN 10

Itunes download and WIN 10: In microsoft store attempting download of Itunes, keep getting "No internet connection" message, but there is connection. Any help? Thanks J https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-download-and-win-10/e4c7d933-6153-4f31-b595-7d4e46e361ff
  5. Can't download and install iTunes.

Can't download and install iTunes.: Trying to download iTunes on my Windows 10 machine. The only option appears to be from the Microsoft store I used to download directly from Apple but appears as if I can't do this anymore. I choose 'GET' and the button that says 'install' is greyed out and right above it...
  6. Can't install iTunes.

Can't install iTunes.: I recently got a new laptop and I tried installing iTunes so I can sync my it with my phone. I opened the Microsoft Store but the "Install" button is in gray so that means that it can't be downloaded. Above, I can see that it says that "You own this app." but I can't install...
  7. I can't access AppStore on iTunes Desktop (Windows 10)

I can't access AppStore on iTunes Desktop (Windows 10): Hello, I need to create a new Apple ID without a payment method therefore I need to find a free app on my iTunes desktop, but when I open my iTunes software, I get stuck on iTunes Store and the options are: Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Audiobooks and I can't change...
  8. iTunes downloaded, but can't install

iTunes downloaded, but can't install: Hi, I am having some trouble installing iTunes on my laptop. I have Windows 10 and I have downloaded the app, but when I attempt to install it, my device is not appearing in the location to install page. How can I navigate past this? My device is registered to my...
  9. Itunes will not install on Win 10

Itunes will not install on Win 10: Clean install of Win 10 last year. I am trying to install ITunes on it and will not install. Error 1619, I believe this is # for the error since no # appear and I found on MS website, which states ERROR_INSTALL_PACKAGE_OPEN_FAILED1619 (0x653)This installation package...
  10. Can't Install iTunes on Windows 10

Can't Install iTunes on Windows 10: Hi All, I just upgraded to Windows 10 at the end of July. I've been having problems removing programmes or adding some new programmes, e.g. iTunes. Recently tried to update my iTunes but to no avail! Great difficulty in removing the existing iTunes programme. Had to use...