Windows 10: Can't install iTunes.

Discus and support Can't install iTunes. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently got a new laptop and I tried installing iTunes so I can sync my it with my phone. I opened the Microsoft Store but the "Install" button is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by keojit, Feb 2, 2019.

1. keojit Win User

Can't install iTunes.

I recently got a new laptop and I tried installing iTunes so I can sync my it with my phone. I opened the Microsoft Store but the "Install" button is in gray so that means that it can't be downloaded. Above, I can see that it says that "You own this app." but I can't install t. I've logging in and out of my account and I've also tried restarting it but to no avail. What should I do?

:)

keojit, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Cannot install iTunes

Hello,

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you follow the steps for uninstalling iTunes? If not, do so now.

Right click on Start > Select Control Panel > Uninstall Programs

Uninstall all of these applications

• iTunes Software
    • Quicktime
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Mobile Support
    • Bonjour (especially Bonjour, the most problematic and most difficult component to remove properly! )
    • Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
    • iPhone (if you have it loaded)
    • and anything else related to iTunes — that’s the tough part where you need to be very careful
    iTunes should be uninstalled in this process of elimination. Reboot the computer.

To install iTunes, follow these steps.

Step one - download the icloud control panel (do not install yet)

Step two - Run the installer as an administrator by right clicking the installer and running as administrator

Step three - after the install finishes, DO NOT reboot

Step four - run the apple software update program and install iTunes from there.

Step five - Reboot, and enjoy

Smittychat., Feb 2, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Can't install iTunes.

cant install itunes on windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Let me try and assist you with the issue you are experiencing.

1. Are you able to install other third-party program on Windows 10 machine?

2. Which version of iTunes are you trying to install?

3. What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already tried?

Follow these steps:

• Un-installing all Apple related components through the 'Uninstall or change a program' utility in the Windows control panel.
    • Removing remnants from the 'Program Files' folder.
    • Clearing out the temporary folders.
    • Restarting the computer and reinstalling.

If you are still facing issues installing iTunes on Windows 10, kindly post your query on the Apple iTunes support forum.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/iTunes

Let us know if it helps.

Arul_D, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Can't install iTunes.

1. Can't install iTunes. - Similar Threads - Can't install iTunes

2. itunes will not install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    itunes will not install: I have an HP but cannot install itunes. It downloads, but when I click on "launch" I receive this message:" the itunes library .itl file is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have write permission for this file. I talked to apple support and they said it was a MS...
  3. installing itunes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    installing itunes: I am trying to download itunes from microsoft. I get the following error message: It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. I am clueless, any idea how to proceed....
  4. Can't download and install iTunes.

Can't download and install iTunes.: Trying to download iTunes on my Windows 10 machine. The only option appears to be from the Microsoft store I used to download directly from Apple but appears as if I can't do this anymore. I choose 'GET' and the button that says 'install' is greyed out and right above it...
  5. Install ITUNES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install ITUNES: I can not download itunes on my windows 10. Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. This is the message I had. What does it mean....
  6. itunes install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    itunes install: I just got a new laptop running windows 10 and can't get iTunes to install. Has anyone encountered this before? Thanks, Dean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-install/1b1cc32a-eb1b-4853-b0e0-da9a8634d037
  7. Itunes not installing.

Itunes not installing.: itunes is not installing, uninstalling and reinstalling. A pop-up comes where the file *.msi is not located along with it's path. earlier wi-fi syncing on my apple devices wasn't fuctiong correctly, too.. I have a windows 10 pro 32-bit(free installed) OS on my lenovo laptop....
  8. iTunes downloaded, but can't install

iTunes downloaded, but can't install: Hi, I am having some trouble installing iTunes on my laptop. I have Windows 10 and I have downloaded the app, but when I attempt to install it, my device is not appearing in the location to install page. How can I navigate past this? My device is registered to my...
  9. Can't Install iTunes on Windows 10

Can't Install iTunes on Windows 10: Hi All, I just upgraded to Windows 10 at the end of July. I've been having problems removing programmes or adding some new programmes, e.g. iTunes. Recently tried to update my iTunes but to no avail! Great difficulty in removing the existing iTunes programme. Had to use...
  10. itunes will not install

itunes will not install: [img] [img] [img] [img] Hi everyone trying to install iTunes, keep getting these error messages, can anyone please help. Regards 60894

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i download itunes for windows 10

2. cant download itunes from microsoft store

3. why cant i down load itunes from microsoft store