Windows 10: Can't install japanese language Win 10 1909

Discus and support Can't install japanese language Win 10 1909 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Tried removing and installing again and still the same error submitted by /u/pixcelpewds [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pixcelpewds, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Can't install japanese language Win 10 1909

/u/pixcelpewds, Mar 6, 2021

2. Japanese Language Pack cannot install. Computer is Surface Pro 3

Hi Lee,

To get a better clarity about the issue, please provide the details below:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select Japanese language pack.
    • Now, click on Japanese language pack and click on
      Set a default button under the Region and language from left navigation pane.

Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the Japaneselanguage pack on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      Japanese
      language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.

Please post back with the updated status regarding issue with downloading language pack, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Mar 6, 2021
  3. My computer is stuck in Japanese.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to switch out of Japanese language on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Did you try installing English language pack and setting it to default in Settings?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps to uninstall Japanese language and check.

Uninstall Japanese language

1. Click on Start menu and type
      CMD, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
    1. Type in Lpksetup /u on the command prompt and hit enter.
    2. You will be presented with previous language pack installed.
    3. Click on Japanese language and click Next to uninstall it.
    4. Restart the PC and check.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Can't install japanese language Win 10 1909

Japanese Keyboard

Hi Kiyakat,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Let us follow these steps and check if that makes any difference:

Step A: Remove the Language Pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      Language.
    2. Click on Japanese Language and the click on Remove.

Step B: Re-add the Language pack.

1. Click on the Start button, go to Settings > Time & Language > Region &
      language.
    2. Click on Add a Language >Select the Language (Japanese).
    3. Once added, click on Options button, and select Add Keyboards to select Japanese keyboard.
    Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Can't install japanese language Win 10 1909

1. Can't install japanese language Win 10 1909 - Similar Threads - Can't install japanese

2. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  3. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  4. Japanese language pack will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese language pack will not install: Only the japanese language pack will not install, every other language pack will install but it always comes back with the error that it couldn't be installed and that I should try again later, I also got the error code 0x80070490 and I have tried to solve it but it just will...
  5. Japanese language pack will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese language pack will not install: Only the japanese language pack will not install, every other language pack will install but it always comes back with the error that it couldn't be installed and that I should try again later, I also got the error code 0x80070490 and I have tried to solve it but it just will...
  6. Can't use Japanese language since installing windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use Japanese language since installing windows 11: Hello,I've recently upgraded to windows 11 and since then I've been having issues with the Japanese keyboardPreviously I've been using alt + shift to switch languages and win + space to switch between different Japanese writing styles Hiragana, katakanabut now using both...
  7. Can't install japanese language pack in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install japanese language pack in Windows 10: Hello I'm MelonMidi245 Can someone explain this and give me answer why i can't install japanese language pack in Windows 10 This is when install with offline Also i can't install with online , always loading when downloading Please help me where the problem , Thank you...
  8. Can't install Japanese Language pack on Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Japanese Language pack on Win10: I'm having an issue installing the Japanese language pack. It keeps saying that the language pack cannot be acquired, and showing an error message: 0x80240004. I tried multiple ways and none worked. How can I solve this issue?...
  9. Can't install Japanese input language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't install Japanese input language.: Stucks, and then shows this error [ATTACH] [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-japanese-input-language/381a4b63-5d90-477f-829d-b8876390e86a
  10. I can't use Japanese language

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't use Japanese language: Hello. I need help regarding installing a Language Pack. I'm running Windows 10 1809, all updates installed. My main language is en-US. I'm trying to install and use a Japanese language pack. I added a language via Settings -> Time & Language -> Language -> Add a language....