Windows 10: can't install language feature with error 0x80244011

Discus and support can't install language feature with error 0x80244011 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi experts. I'm having trouble installing Language Pack features in Windows 11. Please see the attached image, thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RubySC, Dec 8, 2023.

1. RubySC Win User

can't install language feature with error 0x80244011

Hi experts. I'm having trouble installing Language Pack features in Windows 11. Please see the attached image, thanks!

:)

RubySC, Dec 8, 2023
  2. Shawn Brink, Dec 8, 2023
  3. Language typing features

Hi Niranjan

Regarding your suggestion, to turn off

• "Autocorrect Misspelled Words"
    • "Highlight Misspelled Words"
    This indeed stops the Action Centre - Language Settings notifications, prompting to install Language Typing Features

• Can you please clarify if only one (and if so, which one) OR both of these settings need to be turned off to stop the notifications?
    • Secondly, the problem with your suggestion is that the notifications stop at the expense of an effectively deactivated functionality.

Moreover, the Autocorrect and Highlight functions are turned off
      globally, ie across all installed languages.

For example, in my case I have a second language and keyboard installed (Russian). I have NOT installed, under Language Options for Russian: Basic Typing, Handwriting and Speech options. I suspect that was the cause of Install Language Typing Features notifications
      in Action Centre.

can't install language feature with error 0x80244011 bea108bb-0fae-40f0-b72a-040277b1214c.jpg

can't install language feature with error 0x80244011 5220a74c-153a-43ed-b8ca-d2ff3f4495b2.jpg

However, now that I've turned off the Autocorrect and Highlight functions, they are obviously not working when I switch to English either.

So the question remains, is it possible to turn off or suppress the Action Centre - Language Settings notifications, prompting to install Language Typing Features WITHOUT deactivating the Autocorrect and Highlight functions, at least for the languages that
      are not missing any installed options (in my case, English)
    Look forward to your response.

H.E. Pennypacker, Dec 8, 2023
  4. can't install language feature with error 0x80244011

No Features to Install Under Optional Features?

Hello,

Since you are facing issue in installing optional Japanese language pack, I suggest you to install the language pack by following the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select Japanese language pack.

• Now, click on Japanese language pack
      and click on Set a default button under the
      Region and language from left navigation pane.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the Japanese language pack
      on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      Japanese language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 8, 2023
Thema:

can't install language feature with error 0x80244011

1. can't install language feature with error 0x80244011 - Similar Threads - can't install language

2. can't install language feature with error 0x80244011

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't install language feature with error 0x80244011: Hi experts. I'm having trouble installing Language Pack features in Windows 11. Please see the attached image, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-feature-with-error/1964527b-8ada-49c1-bcf9-39927be24b3a
  3. Can't install a language pack. Error code: 0x80D02002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install a language pack. Error code: 0x80D02002: Anybody knows how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-a-language-pack-error-code-0x80d02002/5f60309b-5fd1-4a5c-bbfe-3a2ecc6cfa00
  4. Can't install a language pack. Error code: 0x80D02002

Can't install a language pack. Error code: 0x80D02002: Anybody knows how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-a-language-pack-error-code-0x80d02002/5f60309b-5fd1-4a5c-bbfe-3a2ecc6cfa00
  5. Can't install language keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install language keyboard: Window 11I have try to install the chinese language keyboard but it take more than 3hours to load. is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-keyboard/b51dc9de-8644-4010-9a15-a484d25f5f48
  6. 0x80240023 error while trying to install language features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80240023 error while trying to install language features: I upgraded to Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1 Release Preview Channel and apparently:It broke the Japanese IME, which means i can no longer use anything except Direct input/AlphanumericAnd whenever I try to reinstall the basic typing feature, it threw an error:Already tried...
  7. 0x80240023 error while trying to install language features

0x80240023 error while trying to install language features: I upgraded to Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1 Release Preview Channel and apparently:It broke the Japanese IME, which means i can no longer use anything except Direct input/AlphanumericAnd whenever I try to reinstall the basic typing feature, it threw an error:Already tried...
  8. Cant install language features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant install language features: Hey so I am trying to get voice recognition to work but I got the following problems: I can install language packs but I cant select any features when I am straing the process of installing them. (can only tell windows to use it as standard language. Whenever I try to...
  9. Can't download the feature language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't download the feature language: Dear Microsoft, Good evening, My Name is Nanda and i'm from Indonesia. I would like to ask, how to adding other language in the windows. my administrator language is US English, so I want to install Japanese language. but when I tried to install the language there is...
  10. Can't install language option.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't install language option.: [img] "Something happens and we couldn't install a feature" message appears after clicking on any button of the Language Option. 95853