Windows 10: Cant install language features

Discus and support Cant install language features in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey so I am trying to get voice recognition to work but I got the following problems: I can install language packs but I cant select any features when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Janni1907, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Cant install language features

Hey so I am trying to get voice recognition to work but I got the following problems:

I can install language packs but I cant select any features when I am straing the process of installing them. (can only tell windows to use it as standard language.

Whenever I try to install it anyways it only installs the language whithout the features.http://prntscr.com/zjcwc8 if I try to edit the language, it keeps loading to infinity and beyond.

Windows is Up to Date and cmd /scannow has been run, no success so far. Cant find anything simliar on google so far.

EDIT: My OS build is 18262.1379 and my Version is 1909

submitted by /u/Janni1907
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Janni1907, Feb 14, 2021

2. Language typing features

Hi Niranjan

Regarding your suggestion, to turn off

• "Autocorrect Misspelled Words"
    • "Highlight Misspelled Words"
    This indeed stops the Action Centre - Language Settings notifications, prompting to install Language Typing Features

• Can you please clarify if only one (and if so, which one) OR both of these settings need to be turned off to stop the notifications?
    • Secondly, the problem with your suggestion is that the notifications stop at the expense of an effectively deactivated functionality.

Moreover, the Autocorrect and Highlight functions are turned off
      globally, ie across all installed languages.

For example, in my case I have a second language and keyboard installed (Russian). I have NOT installed, under Language Options for Russian: Basic Typing, Handwriting and Speech options. I suspect that was the cause of Install Language Typing Features notifications
      in Action Centre.

Cant install language features bea108bb-0fae-40f0-b72a-040277b1214c.jpg

Cant install language features 5220a74c-153a-43ed-b8ca-d2ff3f4495b2.jpg

However, now that I've turned off the Autocorrect and Highlight functions, they are obviously not working when I switch to English either.

So the question remains, is it possible to turn off or suppress the Action Centre - Language Settings notifications, prompting to install Language Typing Features WITHOUT deactivating the Autocorrect and Highlight functions, at least for the languages that
      are not missing any installed options (in my case, English)
    Look forward to your response.

H.E. Pennypacker, Feb 14, 2021
  3. No Features to Install Under Optional Features?

Hello,

Since you are facing issue in installing optional Japanese language pack, I suggest you to install the language pack by following the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select Japanese language pack.

• Now, click on Japanese language pack
      and click on Set a default button under the
      Region and language from left navigation pane.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the Japanese language pack
      on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      Japanese language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Cant install language features

Uninstalled a language, Basic Typing in "Manage Optional Features" still present.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to try adding the Polish Language completely by checking the options
    Speech and Handwriting in Install language features.

Once you have added the Polish Language, restart the computer once and follow the below steps.

• Click on the Start Menu > Search for PowerShell >
      Right-click on PowerShell > Click on Run As Administrator.

Once the PowerShell window is up and running, type the following command and hit
      Enter

Get-WinUserLanguageList

• Now, you will get the languages which are installed. Make a note of language tag of the language which you want to retain. Let's say that this language tag is
      en-US.

Now, type the below command and hit Enter.

Set-WinUserLanguageList en-US

• This command will make other languages disappear.
    • Once the above commands are executed successfully, restart the computer once and check if you are still seeing the
      Polish Typing in Manage optional features.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Cant install language features

1. Cant install language features - Similar Threads - Cant install language

2. can't install language feature with error 0x80244011

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install language feature with error 0x80244011: Hi experts. I'm having trouble installing Language Pack features in Windows 11. Please see the attached image, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-feature-with-error/1964527b-8ada-49c1-bcf9-39927be24b3a
  3. can't install language feature with error 0x80244011

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't install language feature with error 0x80244011: Hi experts. I'm having trouble installing Language Pack features in Windows 11. Please see the attached image, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-language-feature-with-error/1964527b-8ada-49c1-bcf9-39927be24b3a
  4. in adding language required language features are disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in adding language required language features are disabled: in adding language required language features are disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-adding-language-required-language-features-are/a1772af7-3162-4287-a231-f060f8e7fa40
  5. in adding language required language features are disabled

in adding language required language features are disabled: in adding language required language features are disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-adding-language-required-language-features-are/a1772af7-3162-4287-a231-f060f8e7fa40
  6. 0x80240023 error while trying to install language features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80240023 error while trying to install language features: I upgraded to Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1 Release Preview Channel and apparently:It broke the Japanese IME, which means i can no longer use anything except Direct input/AlphanumericAnd whenever I try to reinstall the basic typing feature, it threw an error:Already tried...
  7. 0x80240023 error while trying to install language features

0x80240023 error while trying to install language features: I upgraded to Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1 Release Preview Channel and apparently:It broke the Japanese IME, which means i can no longer use anything except Direct input/AlphanumericAnd whenever I try to reinstall the basic typing feature, it threw an error:Already tried...
  8. Cant install feature update because i cant delete virtualbox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant install feature update because i cant delete virtualbox: so i have uninstalled ldplayer which was my emulator and have also deleted the file it was located and by opening task mangager i found virtualbox in another file location and deleted it and the file it was located in but whenever i try to install the feature update it says i...
  9. Cant install optional feature and cant re enable windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant install optional feature and cant re enable windows update: Hi community please help me, i have problems here im trying installing optional features, when i click install button the page refreshing it own and nothing happen, once i look history it says install failed the other problem is i cant switch back windows update on...
  10. Remove language features?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove language features?: Hi! So I wanted to free up some disk space on my PC, and found out, there are some features of English UK language. I'm using the English US both as my display language, and the keyboard layout. [ATTACH] I'm 100% sure, that I don't need such additions. Anyway, when I wanted...