Windows 10: Can't install large games from Windows Store in E: (same drive as C:)

Discus and support Can't install large games from Windows Store in E: (same drive as C:) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Here is my SSD partitioning: [img] I have some problems installing large games from the Store to E: as it always fails with download error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hexaae, Dec 7, 2016.

1. hexaae Win User

Can't install large games from Windows Store in E: (same drive as C:)

Here is my SSD partitioning:

Can't install large games from Windows Store in E: (same drive as C:) [​IMG]

I have some problems installing large games from the Store to E: as it always fails with download error: 0x80070490 trying for example the game:
    Killer Instinct at Killer Instinct from the Store

I think it can be a bug in the Store itself since choosing any other partition (e.g. C: on the same physical drive, or D: on another drive) there is no problem and the download starts as usual.
    I can also move already installed small apps from C: to E: and everything works as expected.
    I have no other issues with the Store, and everything always worked fine for me.

Others have experienced the same problem trying to install from the Store large games on the same drive in a different partition? *sarc

Windows 10 x64 14393.447

P.S.
    All partitions (C:, E: and D: on the other physical drive) have enough free space of course...

:)

hexaae, Dec 7, 2016
  2. synth_fg Win User

CAN WE UPGRADE NOKIA N8 PHONE MEMORY.

internal memory, I presume you mean E drive as the phone memory isn't that big,

What's on your E drive doesn't matter for performance

goto applications, office, file manager, long press on C then detail and list what it says,

Likely reasons for memory issues are

Apps installed on C rather than E

large E-Mail messages on the phone,

Sounda nd video stored on C rather than E

synth_fg, Dec 7, 2016
  3. code 0x80073cf9

Same problem with FH3 and GOW4. My OS is on a SSD (C), and I have 2 others drives (1 SSD 250GO (D) and 1HD 1TO (E) for my games.

I can dl the game on my SSD (C) with my OS without problem, but if I decide to dl them on my other drives (D or E), after 29mb for FH3 and 47mb for GOW4 :

0x80073cf9

The problem is that I have only 120GO on C, so I can't install FH3 and GOW4 at the same time. And GOW4 is just too big for 120Go.

I install all my steam games on E or D without any troubles for 3 years.

But apparently it is too COMPLICATED for MICROSOFT.

Don't buy the game untill its fix, if it is in the future.

BouvetRémi, Dec 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, nothing to do with your query about games, but I'm wondering where your 450Mb or so Recovery partition is (that's the Windows partition that provides advanced recovery options). You have a 3.4Gb Recovery partition which I guess is your manufacturer's recovery partition (completely different). Has it ended up on a different disk?

dalchina, Dec 7, 2016
  5. hexaae Win User
    The bug solved by itself today with the Cumulative Update (14393.479), now I can finally install to E: without issues big (free) games from the Store. *Huh

As for the partition since I don't have the ASUS factory partition anymore I'm still trying to create one myself (project currently on hold)....
    Current Windows recovery should be the 820MB:

Informazioni di configurazione per Ambiente ripristino Windows
    e la reimpostazione del sistema:

Stato Ambiente ripristino Windows: Enabled
    Percorso Ambiente ripristino Windows: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE
    Identificatore dati di configurazione di avvio (BCD): e1999f23-92a0-11e6-95a5-d813e8d08527
    Percorso immagine di ripristino: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition6\RecoveryImage
    Indice immagine di ripristino: 1
    Percorso immagine personalizzata:
    Indice immagine personalizzata: 0

REAGENTC.EXE: operazione riuscita.

hexaae, Dec 8, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    That's good.

One way to regenerate a correct set of Windows partitions is to
    a. create a disk image of only your Windows partition.
    (Routine use of disk imaging is very strongly recommended for several reasons anyway).
    b. Wipe all Windows partitions
    c. Make sure there's enough unallocated space (avoid any possibility of any of the set of Windows partitions being written to another disk)
    d. Reinstall Windows to the unallocated space
    e. Restore the disk image of your Window partition overwriting the newly created Windows partition.
    f. Run Startup Repair.

dalchina, Dec 8, 2016
  7. hexaae Win User
    Good hint! Thank you dalchina

hexaae, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't install large games from Windows Store in E: (same drive as C:) - Similar Threads - Can't install large

2. Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change game installation drive in Microsoft store: I want to download games in Microsoft store on a different drive but it doesn't let me do it.I'm well aware I could change where new content is saved but I don't want to save all my other stuff on a different drive, just specific apps and games....
  3. Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive: I want to clone my C SSD drive to my larger E SSD drive. My issue is when I open up Macrium to start the process my C drive SSD and D drive HDD both appear to be chosen for cloning. Both drives have system folders on them but my D drive is huge and I don't need to clone it. I...
  4. Can't install games from microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install games from microsoft store: Hi, I've bought gamepasss to play games on my pc, but whenever I try to install anything from the microsoft store it just won't let me, I click the button and nothing happens, the xbox app just won't download, I tried restarting it, running wsreset everything... This is...
  5. Can't install games on my E: Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install games on my E: Drive: Hi, I tried downloading Forza Horizon 4 again from my laptop it got reformatted and when I tried downloading it in my D: drive but when I selected my drive and I click on install i won't do anything and if I try downloading it in my C: drive it works. So I tried moving the...
  6. C:\ Drive fills up fast due to a large game.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\ Drive fills up fast due to a large game.: So I recently downloaded NV3 Games' Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Platinum Edition. When it asked where I wanted to install, I asked to install it into my D:\ drive, or my HDD because it has more space. Somehow, its on my C:\ drive, and eating up storage fast! Is it possible...
  7. Can't install Windows Store games on certain drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install Windows Store games on certain drives: As the title says, I can't install Windows Store games on certain drives. This has been an issue since I upgraded my PC and reinstalled Windows. I just reformatted my C: drive and simply kept using my other drives, so all the files stayed. Most of my secondary drives will...
  8. Can't install game from XBOX store

Can't install game from XBOX store: Hello everyone! My name is Chad. Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct area - please feel free to redirect me somewhere else if needed. I recently subscribed to the XBOX Game Pass for PC program. I've been able to install a small handful of games on my device, but one...
  9. Can't install a game from the store

Can't install a game from the store: I bought Minecraft, installed it, and launched it, but it was stuck on the loading screen. So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it, but when I click Install, nothing happens....
  10. Can't install game from the Microsoft Store.

Can't install game from the Microsoft Store.: I was trying to install a game from the store, but it won't let me. The choice is just grayed out. I thought I just didn't have the right apps to install games. So, I went and tried another game. To my surprise, it worked. I have bought the Game Pass, and the game in question...