Windows 10: Can't install / launch any app from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't install / launch any app from Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, as stated above I am unable to install or launch any app from the Microsoft store, even apps i have previously had installed. It started when I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Danbidz, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Danbidz Win User

Can't install / launch any app from Microsoft Store

Hi, as stated above I am unable to install or launch any app from the Microsoft store, even apps i have previously had installed.

It started when I attempted to launch Forza Horizon 4, but was frozen on the splash screen. I attempted to reinstall the game but then I was unable to install it form Microsoft store, I attempted to install other apps but had the same issue. on the download screen it just says "Download Failed" with no information.

I followed ALL steps on this extensive link online:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac#:~:text=Reinstall%20your%20apps%3A%20In%20Microsoft,Store%20apps%20%3E%20Run%20the%20troubleshooter.

but had absolutely no luck, other searches have lead me to a dead end. I attempted to call Microsoft but could not get through to anybody, and ended up going in circles with a robot for about an hour. I am completely out of ideas now, so nay help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Daniel.

:)

Danbidz, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Microsoft Store app not launching

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Do you get any error code when you try to open the store app?
    3. Which build version of Windows 10 you are using currently?

Refer the article to check
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Reset Microsoft store.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      wsreset
      and hit enter.

The command will reset the store cache and open the app once the command is complete.

Method 2:

Create a new user account and check. Refer the article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Also, you can refer the article
    Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Can't install / launch any app from Microsoft Store

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Can't install / launch any app from Microsoft Store

1. Can't install / launch any app from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't install launch

2. Can't launch or install microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch or install microsoft store: PS C:\Users\andy-> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  3. Can't launch or install microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't launch or install microsoft store: PS C:\Users\andy-> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  4. Microsoft store apps not launching any of them

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store apps not launching any of them: So, I tried to launch Halo yesterday, an app that I got on the Microsoft store. It didn't respond for 10 minutes and then gave me a windows error pop up saying "Can't open app, look in the store for more info" the store tells me nothing but the product description. Today I...
  5. Can't open any apps installed from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open any apps installed from Microsoft Store: I've found out that iTunes can't be open as well as the notepad app.I've uninstalled notepad and when I try to reinstall it, this error showed up.The error code is 0x800700B7.I've tried to troubleshoot using Settings but that didn't fix the problemAre there any methods to fix...
  6. Can't open any apps installed from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open any apps installed from Microsoft Store: I've found out that iTunes can't be open as well as the notepad app.I've uninstalled notepad and when I try to reinstall it, this error showed up.The error code is 0x800700B7.I've tried to troubleshoot using Settings but that didn't fix the problemAre there any methods to fix...
  7. Can't install any apps on the Microsoft Store

Can't install any apps on the Microsoft Store: I can't install any apps from the store. When I click install, nothing happens; the button stays blue. Nothing appears in my downloads and updates section either. I have already tried: - Restarting - Windows update troubleshooter - sfc /scannow - When I run wsreset.exe,...
  8. Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...

Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...: Hi, I am not able to open the Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any Microsoft Edge Add-ons. I used the wsreset.exe in the run box. It resulted in an error: ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches. The app didn't start. I ran the Store...
  9. Can't install any apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install any apps from Microsoft Store: [ATTACH] Whenever I try to install anything from the microsoft store, this is all I get. It says it can't detect hardware for Architecture or DirectX. I've tried troubleshooting and resetting the store, but nothing fixes it Edit: One thing I've found is I'm running...
  10. Can't install or update any app from the Microsoft Store.

Can't install or update any app from the Microsoft Store.: Every time I try to install or update an app, I get an error. I don't normally use this store, but there are several apps that I legitimately want to install, and can't install because of this issue. Every time I try, I get the same error code: 0x80070005 I've already...