Windows 10: Can't install Microsoft first party games when booting from external drive (Code 0x8007001F)

Discus and support Can't install Microsoft first party games when booting from external drive (Code 0x8007001F) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I boot Windows 10 (build 19041.423) from an external SSD (Samsung T5 connected via USB-C) and whenever I try to install a Microsoft first party game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jimmcq, Aug 11, 2020.

1. /u/jimmcq Win User

Can't install Microsoft first party games when booting from external drive (Code 0x8007001F)

I boot Windows 10 (build 19041.423) from an external SSD (Samsung T5 connected via USB-C) and whenever I try to install a Microsoft first party game via the Windows Store or the Xbox (beta) app I get error (code 0x8007001F). This happens with Minecraft Dungeons, Halo MCC, and the Flight Simulator pre-order.

I subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and can install those same games using my account on a different computer, so I know everything with account is fine. I can install other Game Pass games (like Enter the Gungeon) on this computer. It's just the Microsoft first party titles that fail.

I've gone through all the various Windows Store troubleshooting like resetting the Windows Store cache, reinstalling the Windows Store and Xbox apps, etc.

I'm pretty sure that I've narrowed down to the fact that I'm booting from an external drive. Does that even make sense? Why would that be a problem only for Microsoft first party titles?

What is error code 0x8007001F and what can I do to fix it?

submitted by /u/jimmcq
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jimmcq, Aug 11, 2020

2. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store -- Beta Software Download fails with error code 0x80040154

Good evening,

some days ago I was invited to a closed beta of Age Of Empires 2: DE. The Insider-Hub includes a listing for the game and a link to the game in the Microsoft Store. I was able to download a part of the game (a few GB) before my internet connection disconnected.
    Resuming the download was not possible so I removed it and tried again. It terminated with error code 0x8007001F. After a reboot I saw only a "Try again later" error after clicking install. I've already asked in the AoE forums here:

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/windows-store-install-error-code-0x8007001f/56175

I'm looking forward to any other suggestions. Maybe even a Microsoft technican. The people I spoke with from the Microsoft support team were not able to help me. They suggested asking on reddit or here.

[moved from German forums]

Craig Whitestone, Aug 11, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Can't install Microsoft first party games when booting from external drive (Code 0x8007001F)

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't install Microsoft first party games when booting from external drive (Code 0x8007001F) - Similar Threads - Can't install Microsoft

2. External Drive will no longer eject after installing a game from the Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Drive will no longer eject after installing a game from the Microsoft store.: I have a Dell G5 SE that I just got before Christmas 2021 and I got this game pass trial for a dollar and I installed everspace 2 early access on my external drive, and now it will not allow me to eject the drive. This was not a problem until I installed software from the...
  3. Can’t select external drive when installing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t select external drive when installing a game: I cannot change the install location on the Xbox App. I go into the Xbox App settings and change the install path to my E: Drive, but when I try to install a game, a window asking me to choose a drive pops up and the only option in the C: Drive. I’ve also tried changing the...
  4. Can’t select external drive when installing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t select external drive when installing a game: I cannot change the install location on the Xbox App. I go into the Xbox App settings and change the install path to my E: Drive, but when I try to install a game, a window asking me to choose a drive pops up and the only option in the C: Drive. I’ve also tried changing the...
  5. Flight Simulator Deluxe installation error Code: 0x8007001F

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator Deluxe installation error Code: 0x8007001F: Hi, I'm having this installation error code since 2 days now. Fresh installation of Windows 10 on a iMac 2017 with a i7 CPU and 64GB RAM. Still 800GB Free space. Tried everything but still the same error code together with the same problem for the Digital Ownership that...
  6. Installing games on Mac with Bootcamp. Error 0x8007001f

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing games on Mac with Bootcamp. Error 0x8007001f: I have a Windows 10 Pro v2004 installed on separate hard drive on my iMac 27-inch 2019 and I have active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. There is a persistent problem with Xbox app / Windows Store - whenever I try to install a game with "Administrator approval required...
  7. 'Code: 0x8007001F'.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'Code: 0x8007001F'.: When i keep trying to download games off microsoft store that include 'administrator approval required' it fails. I get to a 100% and when its installing i get an error 'Code: 0x8007001F'. submitted by /u/OhoVysn1a [link] [comments]...
  8. error code 0x8007001F-0x20006 installing windows ten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0x8007001F-0x20006 installing windows ten: upgrading from 7pro to ten home and when installing at end gives error code 0x8007001F-0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x8007001f-0x20006-installing-windows/749da5f2-8a3f-423a-b034-1711179de623
  9. error code 0x8007001f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0x8007001f: I get this error code every time my pc tries to update to win 1803 pc has tried over 50 times have tried troubleshooting as an admin but still no joy can any one help my pc is a Lenovo c540 touch...
  10. Error Code 0x8007001F when trying to install Update for latest builds

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error Code 0x8007001F when trying to install Update for latest builds: I cannot install updates on my computer and I am getting this error code. I have a 64 bit that was upgraded from windows 7 a few years ago. I believe I am currently on build 1607 and I am getting a message that 1709 failed to install. I have tried to apply 1803 from an ISO...
Tags: