Windows 10: Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

Discus and support Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and would like to install it on my D: drive, because my C: drive is a pretty small SSD where I don't have enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jan Sänger, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

So I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and would like to install it on my D: drive, because my C: drive is a pretty small SSD where I don't have enough space left, but when clicking on Install and choosing the install location, it just doesn't do anything.

So basically, I click on the blue "Install" button after having chosen my D: drive, and nothing happens, I can keep clicking on the button, and nothing happens. Installing it on the C: drive works flawlessly though.

Is there anyone else with this problem? Any known solution? I've already searched for other posts and didn't find anything, and changing the default app location in the Windows 10 settings gives me an error.

Thank you very much.

:)

Jan Sänger, Dec 27, 2018

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 27, 2018
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

1. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive - Similar Threads - Can't install Microsoft

2. I can't install windows store apps on different drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't install windows store apps on different drive: Hi, I bought forza horizon 4 a while ago. I have 2 drives C drive NVME SSD and D drive HDD I was previously able to successfully install this game. But then I was having problems with windows, so I reinstalled it. And now when I try to install anything on D drive the...
  3. I Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive or move them to the other drive

I Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive or move them to the other drive: I Have recently bought the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, it works wonders on my Xbox but when i try to install a game on my PC it wont show my other drive that has the space required to download but when i install it on the C: drive works flawlessly. I read a solution saying i...
  4. Downloading apps in a different drive Microsoft Store

Downloading apps in a different drive Microsoft Store: Hello, im having 2 iissues. 1- i'm trying to download Phantasy Star online 2from the Microsoft store, on my second drive i have 2 drives; C andD my main drive C is full. and when i try to install the app it shows me this [ATTACH] but for some reason i cant install it on...
  5. Can't install Microsoft Store apps or Xbox beta apps on different drive / error code 0x80070005

Can't install Microsoft Store apps or Xbox beta apps on different drive / error code 0x80070005: Hi there, I can't change my primary drive for installation apps. when I try to change it from C: small SSD to D: HDD, it just gives me a 0x80070005 error message and it changes back to C:. in settings I tried everything from sfc /scannow, looking for malware, and more... I...
  6. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive: I also get the error code : 0x80070005 when i try to change this Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-microsoft-store-app-on-different/c471f371-e17a-4345-8c03-236db71a77e5
  7. Cant install store app on different drive.

Cant install store app on different drive.: Ive already followed the steps outlined in other answers given for this question. 1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings. 2. Click on System > Storage. 3. Click on Change where new content is saved under More storage settings. 4. Select F drive using the drop...
  8. Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store

Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store: Can't install Forza Horizon 4 on D: or even E:, have just 3 options as shown in the pic. Followed all the steps mentioned here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-to-hdd-through-microsoft-store/3c478900-142c-4f10-b4aa-ebcae323241f Still...
  9. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive: So I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and would like to install it on my D: drive, because my C: drive is a pretty small SSD where I don't have enough space left, but when clicking on Install and choosing the install location, it just doesn't do anything. So basically, I...
  10. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive: So I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and would like to install it on my D: drive, because my C: drive is a pretty small SSD where I don't have enough space left, but when clicking on Install and choosing the install location, it just doesn't do anything. So basically, I...